• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Help stuck disc in PS4 won't eject

Joldem

So, bought the $9.99 BF4 upgrade for PS4. Downloaded the upgrade and tried to play it. Error message appeared saying no disc. So I put my PS3 BF4 disc into my PS4. It does not recognize the disc therefore no option is coming up to eject disc. How do I get that disc out of the PS4?

Last edited by a moderator:

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
try to power down the ps4 then hit eject to see if it powers on while ejecting like the old ps3 use to. I'll look around for a solution now.

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
I've looked around and their isn't much of anything on it. I would call Sony support. Let us know what they say for future reference. Wish I could be more help.

Joldem

Sorry, did not stick around to see. Messed around with the PS4 before work this morning, clicked that purchase and went to work. One thing I really like is the auto shut off after a time limit. Nice feature the PS3 did not have.

Please help all. My PS4 is an expensive door stop until I get the disc out

Joldem

Update. Called Sony PS4 support. On hold 51 minutes. After 1am here. Tired bedtime will have to wait. If anyone can help, please do so
Thanks

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Hey joldem, ill keep looking for a solution for you that doesnt involve voiding your warranty. Probably not good that they had you on hold for so long. Starting to wonder if the problems are wide spread.

Joldem

Anyone got any ideas. Looked forward all week to the weekend and new PS4. Already looked for a repair location and not locating any close to me.

Joldem

Found answer. For anyone going thru same issue go to us.PlayStation.com/helpme. The third or fourth topic down the FAQ list is stuck disk. Follow those simple instructions and you are done

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Here is the answer for anyone that is looking for it. Power off your PS4. Then uplug the power cord from the back of it. Turn the PS4 vertically (problem occurs with PS4 on its side). Plug the cord back in and turn on the PS4. Disc should eject now. Moving this to the tips board.

Ancrof

I have this same problem. On hold for 2.5hrs plus with phone support.
You can try to manually eject it: (won't let me post a link here...Just google "PS4 Mannually Eject a Stuck Disc")
That didn't work for me....
Also, putting it vertically didn't help either.
Has anyone found a fix for this please? Otherwise you will need to ship it back to Sony for repairs which will take about 3 weeks.

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Try completely unplugging it for 30mins and try again on a vertical stance. I've read that you have to completely have it off for a period of time. I don't see why that would help but its what others have reported.

Ancrof

Try completely unplugging it for 30mins and try again on a vertical stance. I've read that you have to completely have it off for a period of time. I don't see why that would help but its what others have reported.
Tried that too and no luck...guess I'll send it in for repairs. Once I get it back I'm returning it for a refund :(
(I'd do that now but my COD is stuck in there)

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
So my best buy store plus gamestop manager i know says that keep 4-5 PS4 in store in case they sell any faulty systems. That way they can be replaced right without having their customer wait. I would contact your store first and tell them your PS4 isn't working as expected. Two users have confirmed that they got new PS4 on the same day. Hopefully that will work so you don't have to wait.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Destiny Stuck in Disc Tray- PS4 won't read or eject, HELP! PlayStation 4 2
R Help really stuck. PlayStation 4 0
M Bug PS4 Control Not Responding ( STUCK ) -- Plz Help PlayStation 4 1
TheRookie Need help with NOR templates PlayStation 4 0
D PS4 Controller flashing White but not connecting. HELP!!!! PlayStation 4 0
H l need help PlayStation 4 0
A PS4 help please? PlayStation 4 1
A Looking for help with resident evil 2 PlayStation 4 0
I Noisy Disk Drive getting worried Please Help me... PlayStation 4 6
Q GTA Heist need help PlayStation 4 0
J help setting up my 12 year old to play PlayStation 4 4
J Game to help me romance my gamebuddy PlayStation 4 1
A Christmas minecraft and PS4 help PlayStation 4 1
B Need help with headsets. PlayStation 4 1
S Lady Maria Help PlayStation 4 0
E Help setting up arcade sticks PlayStation 4 0
D MADDEN 17 Help PlayStation 4 0
O Need help with recognizing a part in the PS4 motherboard! PlayStation 4 0
M External HDD help, please PlayStation 4 0
P Help re PS Plus PlayStation 4 1
R Help - can't seem to use the funds in my wallet :( PlayStation 4 1
X This guy needs help with his disc drive PlayStation 4 0
J Ps4 Help please! PlayStation 4 2
G i need a really big help on ps store problem PlayStation 4 0
K Ps4 Hdmi problem HELP!!! PlayStation 4 5
Z Need some help fixing a ps4 PlayStation 4 4
D Creating a Hide and Seek world. Help would be nice. PlayStation 4 0
R Revenant Gaming - Looking for experienced leaders to help grow community. PS Clans & Communities 1
S Need help PlayStation 4 7
T Ghost Recon: Wildlands question... any help is appreciated! PlayStation 4 2
M Eject Button Bug Gone Nuclear!!!!!!! Help!!!! PlayStation 4 2
B Button replacement help please PlayStation 4 8
D Help building a nursery! PlayStation 4 0
B Need people to help on survival PlayStation 4 3
U Need help of 3 people unlocking "ride or die" tattoo. PlayStation 4 1
W Little help please PlayStation 4 2
G transfer downloaded games to other PSN/user account for offline playing help PlayStation 4 4
R Looking for builders to help me make my map!!! PlayStation 4 1
Z Trophy Hunting, Need Help PlayStation 4 0
B PS4 Disk Drive Not working, tried reinstalling system software - PLEASE HELP! PlayStation 4 2
A Help a girl out? PS4 controller problems :/ PlayStation 4 4
L Help! Ps4 possible hdmi problem PlayStation 4 1
A Did I get a playstation plus membership for free? HELP PlayStation 4 3
H Help required - PS4 tournament PlayStation 4 0
B Want help building new world please PlayStation 4 0
Y Online Help PlayStation 4 4
M help - keeps telling me to re-connect controller PlayStation 4 0
O Need help fixing my controllers! PlayStation 4 1
S Guys I need your help!! PlayStation YouTube Videos 0
R Help regarding the game PlayStation 4 1