• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Help connecting ps4 to TV Out of Hdmi cables.

eyeopen

Hi I need some help connecting PS4 to the tv, or sky, depending on best way to go.

OK we have just got virgin media tv, which is connected permanently to the tv threw a Hdmi cable,

We are also keeping sky and I have a ps4 only problem the tv has 1 hdmi left one conected to virgin media TiVo box.

the tv has 2 hdmi connections, one scart, a component video socket and a composite video socket whats best way I can keep all 3 PS4 sky and virgin media connected?

thankx

don_bidarian

If your TV only has two HDMI the you have to connect one of the devices to other ports.

Or you can buy an AV receiver. AV receivers have several HDMI in/out, so you can connect all your devices to the receiver and then connect the receiver to TV.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
What don said. You'll need a hub to split an HDMI port into multiple ports, like a USB hub. There's a slew of them on Amazon. Just read the reviews first and get a good one :)

Edit. Did a very quick search on my Amazon app (and by quick it was the very first hit :) ) Something like this should work

Kinivo 301BN Premium 3 port High speed HDMI switch with IR wireless remote and AC Power adapter - supports 3D, 1080p
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0049S6ZUS/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_cSh8vbWQ3G5TN

Last edited:

eyeopen

hi thankx, we ended up getting rid of virgin media tv as wasn't good quality as sky digital. An got amazing deal for sky original for £6 a month.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
hi thankx, we ended up getting rid of virgin media tv as wasn't good quality as sky digital. An got amazing deal for sky original for £6 a month.

That works too, lol. Definitely will solve the HDMI problem. At least until you get something else that needs and HDMI port ;) Though now you're armed with the knowledge of splitters :D

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements