• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Hello to you all, newbie here!

well... not quite a newbie.

I used to have a PS2 which I loved, especially SOCOM with my headset on until the early hours of the morning.
I then switched to the Xbox and just found that I wanted a change. I enjoyed my time with Playstation last time so thought well I'd give it a go again.
I'm 35 though now, I really enjoy most of the EA SPORTS franchises as I'm into most Sports. I do seem to find that it's all about the FPS games now though... Various zombies from a various time and place, various guns etc but I suppose it's the most popular market.
Anyway, all my friends have xbox, they cannot believe I've moved to 'the other side' but I'm hoping to find some decent friends to play with, especially coop games.
I've ordered the following to get me started: the last of us, child of light, madden 15, minecraft and a The order 1886.
I'm looking at Lego Batman 3, LBP3 and Diablo 3 for the local coop game as these seem to get positive reviews for coop gaming.
I haven't got my PSN yet as not set up my PS4 but here is hoping for years ahead of me of playing games, making a few friends along the way. Please check this post in a couple of days and add me on PSN when I'm sorted. Keyboard and headphones ordered as well!
Thanks,
Ben

Alex_68

Hi Ben and w[:

You have ordered a lot of nice games. If you like to play online, don't miss GTA5!! If you like fantasy RPGs, consider also Dragon Age Inquisition because it offers a good co-op experience and, expecially, a very nice (and incredibly long) gameplay with the story :)

Last edited:
Thanks Alex for the reply. Glad that my choice of games impress you. I'm going to look at Dragon Age Inquisition. We really want to play some good RPGs as a co OP. You know the broken sword/monkey island games from the PC? Any similar to that I'd love to hear about. Partner quite likes the look of The Wolf Among Us, and we've seen a trailer for it.
I have GTA5 for my xbox so don't think I'd buy for PS4
Thanks,
Ben
Also thanks to Oberon for the welcome.
Edit: looked at the trailer for Inquisition and looks good, I like the sandbox aspect of games.
Great reviews, thanks again.

Last edited:

iamthenight90

The Watcher In The Wings
welcome, i hope you stay long, im singing my welcome song....0:(we need an ashamed emote) im so sorry.

Last edited:

Alex_68

Thanks Alex for the reply. Glad that my choice of games impress you. I'm going to look at Dragon Age Inquisition. We really want to play some good RPGs as a co OP. You know the broken sword/monkey island games from the PC? Any similar to that I'd love to hear about. Partner quite likes the look of The Wolf Among Us, and we've seen a trailer for it.
I have GTA5 for my xbox so don't think I'd buy for PS4
Thanks,
Ben
Also thanks to Oberon for the welcome.
Edit: looked at the trailer for Inquisition and looks good, I like the sandbox aspect of games.
Great reviews, thanks again.

:)

Yes, I have played Monkey Island on PC time ago, it was probably the first release. I am not sure there is something similar for PS4 at the moment. Murdered Soul Suspect maybe could tickle your interest because it basically consists of discovering enigmas (link to gameplay). Anyway, I have not played and I don't know ALL games for PS4 of course, so maybe someone can suggest you a better game of the kind.