• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

HDR signal support for PSVR

DavidHowells

Hello Everyone,

This is the most important thread your will read today if you a PSVR owner or even just considering buying. Your action on the petition below will produce a result, I promise you!

As a lot of you will be aware a recent petition over on change.org raised awareness enough at LG for them to address input lag with HDR 4K on their OLED screens. This petition proves that if enough people are unhappy and speak up that if a problem is solvable a big company WILL respond positively!

Sony has made a mistake not allowing their PSVR units to pass through a 4K HDR signal, and whilst many of will respond to say this is a hardware issue it's still sonys responsibility to fix this problem. I for one am not happy re-wiring on a daily basis to get the most out of my PlayStation. Sony is a large company and they could produce a simple 4K HDR splitter or switch for next to nothing. If PSVR wasn't going to support HDR then they should have bundled this type of option with an item we paid £350 for. Please support me by signing my petition and please share if you can. If anyone would be kind enough to link this to NeoGaf for me also I'd apprichiate it as I've been waiting an eternity for their dumb approval system. That is where it will gain the most traction, and where the success for the LG petition stemmed from. I'm not established enough to post a link here apparently, but you can find the petition on change.org or you can find a link over on the AV forum under PlayStation VR!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
G WTFF HDR PlayStation 4 2
D HDR mode Off Topic Lounge 2
D PS4 Pro without HDR TV PlayStation 4 2
AB9100 Wireless signal? PlayStation 4 4
K tech support PlayStation 5 0
C Your router might not support ip fragmentation and online input lag! PlayStation 4 0
Dmadman72 External support is coming PlayStation 4 28
O Original PS4 support Ultra 4k? PlayStation 4 3
Oberon 8 PS2 games arrive on PS4 with 1080P/Trophy Support PlayStation 4 5
iamthenight90 ps4 finally gets theme support. PlayStation 4 19
daimashin Is Diablo 3 going to support cross save? PlayStation 4 9
Oberon PS4 Update 1.75 Now Available,adds 3D support/auto downloads & notifications changed PlayStation 4 2
Oberon PS4 MP3/Video player support coming PlayStation 4 8
Haze PS4 Update 1.75 coming next week - 3D Blu-Ray support! PlayStation 4 8
WackoDaSniper Driveclub Has No Clutch Support and No Horns; Can Drive With a Wheel from the Get Go PlayStation 4 1
Oberon Microsoft ends XP support Off Topic Lounge 4
AB9100 PS4 does not support media playback! PlayStation 4 9
KMJ_84 PS4 to get PSone and PS2 support with native 1080p rendering, new VR demos inbound PlayStation 4 1
KMJ_84 Unity 4.3 gets Vita support, available now PlayStation Vita 1
S No 3D blu-ray or MP3 playback support on the PS4? PlayStation 4 13
daimashin Will Sony ever enable external hdd support? PlayStation 4 16
L What are some good PS4 headsets that support BF4 surround? PlayStation 4 21
Frantic PS4 getting DLNA and MP3 Support PlayStation 4 2
V No DLNA Support on PS4.... PlayStation 4 8
H Sony reports Wireless headset support coming soon PlayStation 4 9
Frantic PS4 has Blu Ray 3D Support at Launch. Xbox One doesn't PlayStation 4 9
AvalonX About Sony's MP3, CD, DLNA support for PS4 PlayStation 4 12
DrRipley PS4 Won't Support External Hard Drives? What? PlayStation 4 15
Joel PS 4 Doesn't Support Blue Tooth Headsets... PlayStation 4 13
B PS4 Will support External Capture Card Recording via HDMI! PlayStation 4 13
Jaymun Do you think online play will support more players on ps4? PlayStation 4 19
B Will PS4 support capture cards? PlayStation 4 20
Haze PS4 will support up to four controllers at once! PlayStation 4 7
NatureSun Xbox One to Support 8 Controllers at Once Xbox 8
Oberon PS4 will support cross-platform party chat PlayStation 4 13
Clark Wayne Titanfall does not support cross-platform play between Xbox One, Xbox 360, and PC Xbox 7
N Keyboard + Mouse Support PlayStation 4 5
fantanoice Mobile Support Feedback & Suggestions 4
Clark Wayne Xbox One Will Support Gameplay Capture Devices Xbox 6
RockSauron PS4 Will support up to 2000 Friends PlayStation 4 4
Clark Wayne Update support will continue for Xbox 360 version of Minecraft Xbox 0
O PS4 will support PS3 headsets PlayStation 4 4
razuto Japanese vita games that support Furigana over Kanji? PlayStation Vita 2