• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Guy destroys PS4 on launch day!

Strelok

So some guy decides to go to the night time release of the PS4 at a Target store and destroys it 5 minutes after buying it in front of a load of desperate fans queuing up outside waiting to buy one of their own. He looks like a crackhead on bath salts, but I really wish I could hear what he's saying a bit more clearly.

Now obviously this is a huge waste of money just for 2 seconds of fame, but I still found this extremely hilarious and pretty surreal. It's not the first time things like these happen, people did the same with Apple's iPad I remember, but it's always pretty funny to see how far people are willing to go just for a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

jardantuan

There's a guy on youtube that does this with every new console - I can't remember his name off the top of my head though.

You'd think it's a huge waste of money, but this guy makes a huge amount of money in revenue from his youtube channel alone. But from what I've read, he also sells the smashed up console on eBay, and people will pay thousands of dollars for it. I've no idea why, but apparently people want to do that.

This guy on the other hand must be on some serious drugs. That or he's just nuts.

aperture7

Man, what would I do with enough spending money where I could just blow $400 for a joke. I was checking to see if he had ads turned on the video so he could monetize it, but it doesn't look like it. Is this an original video, or did he post this from somewhere else?

SS42A

Either he's just crazy or he's an extreme Xbox fanboy to the end. But since he bought the PS4 for himself, he is at liberty on what he wants to do with it. As owner, he can possess, use, abuse, or even destroy the thing that he owns and no one can question him. What he did was within his legal rights, no matter how crazy it may be to others.

GetSome

Can't be mad at him because his ploy worked. It just seems sad. H ecould have given that money to a good charity and gotten just as much recognition with the right marketing and gimmick behind it.

mauricioq

This always happens, some guy want to be popular so he spends money on a newly released product and proceeds to destroy it.
Nothing new here to be honest.

Strelok

Either he's just crazy or he's an extreme Xbox fanboy to the end. But since he bought the PS4 for himself, he is at liberty on what he wants to do with it. As owner, he can possess, use, abuse, or even destroy the thing that he owns and no one can question him. What he did was within his legal rights, no matter how crazy it may be to others.

...or maybe he works for Sony (or even Microsoft!) and it's just an extreme, or should I say absurd, marketing plan.

Seems pretty extreme to me. I hope that it's a prank.

Well the PS4 looks real enough to me. Not sure if he's just crazy or a hardcore Xbox fanboy, but it's probably just done on purpose for the sake of making a video.

Kind of stupid if you ask me, the video didn't even go viral, and from what I've seen, there's no real source to it or any sort of promotional purpose to it. I still find it hilarious though, it's actually even more awesome that he did it just for a laugh. A very, very expensive laugh.

SpiralArchitect

I'll never get the idea of burning $400 just for fun. Not even if you're extremely rich.

This guy on the other hand was probably drugged out and though that the PS4 was insulting him.

Linkzelda41

The horror, why did this have to happen? I’m busy churning out whatever I can in saving up for some cash, and this guy just goes into a rage when he buys this? If he wanted to get this viral, this is surely a horrible way to do that.

And that line, I don’t know how long he stayed there, but all that time just for that? This would completely crush the integrity of someone that would be engrossed with materialism.

DrRipley

People keep doing it, because people keep watching it. They get more in ad revenue than what they waste with the gadget, I assume, with the amount of people sharing their video.

mauricioq

People keep doing it, because people keep watching it. They get more in ad revenue than what they waste with the gadget, I assume, with the amount of people sharing their video.

This, listen to this guy.
As long as this type as videos get views, people will continue to produce them, it's a scheme to make more money than they actually spent on the destroyed material.

Game Branded

I don't think it's funny at all. Especially when kids with life threatening illnesses could have had their day brighten by playing that PS4. That guy is an ass.

Dame6089

This was done with the last gen consoles as well. Who cares? If the guy wants to do this to a console he owns, cool for him. I find it genuinely comical to watch the people in line squirm at things like this.

Game Branded

True it is his property, he can do what he wants with it but ahhh, it still sucks. I like the guy that picked up a part of it.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements