• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

GTA 5 PS4/Xbone/PC Upgrade Bonuses Revealed

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Looks like if you already own the game and upgrading to the new version you will be getting new vehicles,guns,missions and lots more.

Gamespot says:
Rockstar Games today announced a long list of exclusive content that people who already own Grand Theft Auto V on Xbox 360 or PlayStation 3 will receive if they buy the game again for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or PC.

Listed below is a roundup of the exclusive content coming to returning players though it represents only "some" of the content,suggesting that Rockstar has more to announce later on.

Gamespot said:
New Events & Rewards -- Players will find new events happening throughout Los Santos and Blaine County. Players can complete these challenges to unlock special rewards, such as the Imponte Duke O'Death car and the Dodo seaplane.

Murder Mystery-- When playing as Michael, you'll take on the role of a detective in a special mission where you must solve a grisly murder. If you're successful, you'll unlock two noir-style filters for GTA V's single-player mode that should give off the feeling of a "gritty, old-school crime classic."

New Weapons-- First up is the high-velocity Rail Gun (pictured above). The other is the Hatchet melee weapon, which you can use to "hack and slash foes."

Wildlife Photography Challenge -- New species of animals will populate Los Santos and Blaine County in the Xbox One, PS4, and PC versions of GTA V. When playing as Franklin, you'll take on a job from the Los Santos Tourist Board to document these. If you're successful, you will unlock the Kraken Sub.

Stock Car Races -- Win these events and you'll earn custom-made muscle cars.

Monkey Mosaics -- A street artist is tagging the walls of Los Santos will monkey-inspired silhouettes. Your job is track down and photograph every tag to earn new monkey outfits (for all players) and a special Go Go Monkey Blista for returning players.

New Vehicles and More -- Up for grabs for returning players is the Cheval Marshall monster truck and the faster moving and more maneuverable Blimp.

In addition to this content, Rockstar says there will be a "bounty" of new content for all players--returning and new--including an array of vehicles and "more surprises."

Rockstar also reminded players that your existing Grand Theft Auto Online characters will carry forward to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or PC regardless of which platform you originally played on. In addition, anyone who preorders GTA V will receive $1 million worth of in-game currency, which will be split evenly between single-player and GTA Online.

Source

Credits to Gamespot for info

Nackles

According to the add on psn it look like it transfers to ps4 from 360. I think. ... I wonder if that's just single player or multilayer aspects?

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
I think you can choose to which system you want to transfer your progress too.
But Im pretty sure its only your online characters and progression.
Rockstargames website says that. It doesnt mention SP campaign exactly at all.
Still,happy to be proven wrong.

edogn12

I was wondering why you don't just stick with ps3 or xbox if you already have it. Why the need for a port mediocre bonuses.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Well Im sure to those that already have/had the PS3 version we want the best possible console version,and that will be PS4.
Its just so much fun (even just SP campaign) that we wanna do it all over again but this time with it being better looking,the extra's like radio stations etc are just a nice bonus.
Plus doing it again gives us a chance to do some of those missions differently,as some had diff choices. I guess some people went back and did them differently anyway but I didnt so when I play the PS4 version I will.
Didnt really do anything with the MP so I might have a decent stab at that this time.

Nackles

I was wondering why you don't just stick with ps3 or xbox if you already have it. Why the need for a port mediocre bonuses.

I can't speak for anyone else here but I sold it to sweeten the deal on my 360. I love playing the online multiplayer with friends. Honestly has nothing to do with the mediocre bonuses for me. I could care less about single player transferring over as well.

Xanj

I don't care about single player carrying over, but multiplayer was a deal breaker if they didn't. I have put hundreds of hours in and am over level 120 online, losing all that progress would be enough to keep me from buying it again on next-gen. When I heard you can transfer your character, I knew I would buy it just to play it online with a few enhancements, mostly way better graphics. However, after the announcement of the 1st-person view, I can't wait to go through the single player again too!

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I don't care about single player carrying over, but multiplayer was a deal breaker if they didn't. I have put hundreds of hours in and am over level 120 online, losing all that progress would be enough to keep me from buying it again on next-gen. When I heard you can transfer your character, I knew I would buy it just to play it online with a few enhancements, mostly way better graphics. However, after the announcement of the 1st-person view, I can't wait to go through the single player again too!

I care about the single player actually. Never got into the multiplayer. However, I'm pretty close to the end of the game (have been for months, got distracted by other games :) ) so I'm not inclined to start all over. I'm likely not going to get the PS4 version but if I could transfer my single player somehow, I might actually consider it.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements