• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Games you bought, but never played.

Gamer_Fries

Can not say there are very many games that I bought that I just have not gotten a chance to play it at some point, the closest though would have to be Dead Island and Revelations simply because they became boring quite fast.

themarting

Halo Reach.

I'm an FPS guy and I need to stick to what I'm good at. Anything else just bores me and I quit easily. I need bullets flying or live, real-time human on human strategy and gameplay to keep me interested.

My Brother got me Halo Reach and i ended up never playing it either. I just couldnt get into it, dont know why

Valentino

I have quite a few unfortunately. My husband and I bought them during a Boxing Day sale but we still haven't played a lot of them. Killzone 2, Dragon Age 1 & 2, Heavenly Sword, Devil May Cry Collection, etc. There's some other games that he's played and I haven't gotten around to yet, such as the Uncharted series, Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning and so on!

jardantuan

The closest I've gotten to not playing a game is buying collections or bundles.

Case in point: Sega Mega Drive (or Genesis) Collection. I bought it mainly for Sonic, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe - most of the other games just happened to be there. With no interest, some of them were never loaded up.

I don't have a lot of money to throw at games these days, but even when I did, I'd always do research before buying a game, meaning I'd always at least try them. There were a few that I ended up not liking (Assassin's Creed 3 was a huge disappointment, though I should probably have started with an earlier game in the series) but they're always played before being disregarded.

themarting

I just thought of another.

I had set a personal goal to myself for this year. I was going to either:

- learn to play guitar
- learn a new language
- get my life and health insurance license

The cheapest option was guitar so i went and got a guitar, then discovered rocksmith.

I played it a couple of times and got frustrated, now the guitar is a decoration in my computer room. I think it may not be too late to get my life and health license yet.

andrew172

I stayed at a friends house for a week and we played Fallout the entire time. I loved it and so I went and purchased it for myself. However after I bought it, I realized that I pretty much saturated my enjoyment of the game back when I played my friends copy at his house. Kind of a waste of money in my opinion. But still. I suppose that if I had really enjoyed the game I would have wanted to play it on my own, but I just returned it to the store. I had fun playing it with my friend, but I didn't really have much desire to play it on my own.

Strelok

I bought Gran Turismo 5 thinking I would love it like I loved Gran Turismo 2, but I just couldn't get into it at all. I've played it a couple of times, but after a race or two it just gets really boring. It's a good game, but I just can't get into it the way I got hooked to previous GTs.

If I had one of those expensive responsive steering wheels with pedals and maybe even a gearbox and driver seat then I'm sure it's a hundred times better, but right now I have a lot of other things I need to buy.

Then there's also TES: Oblivion which was given to me by a friend (he only paid like 3€ for it) and I played it a few times, but I already played it on PC before that, and I'm not a fan of TES games anyway, so I haven't played that longer than a couple of hours.

gamerteabwoi

Just cause 2 was one game that I really tried to play but the graphics how unrealistic the experience was just seemed to turn me away from the game so I ended up giving it away before I even had the chance to really get into the game. I think another reason that I gave the game away was because it used to stick in a certain area of the game and that really used to annoy me so I just ended up giving the game away.

RobDaCool

Not counting those games I posted about eight months ago, I have MGS: GZ, Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider: definitive edition, Ryse, Titanfall (Don't have an X1), Skyrim (got the legendary edition and played that one), Two copies of Xenoblade Chronicles.

We even have some consoles here that's not been opened lol

Haymansafc

One game that I know for a fact I've never spent more than around fifteen minutes on is Little Big Planet (the original). It come with my PS3 – I didn't actually specifically buy it. I slotted it in the day I got it, had a quick mess around, didn’t really like it and put it away. It’s sat in my wardrobe ever since…

Another contender would be Red Dead Redemption. I know this game is very highly rated and I did spend a fair few hours on it when I bought it. However, I just never got into it. I found it little more than riding around on a horse in a desert with the odd few shacks bunched together :confused:. I think I played it for about a week, shelved it and as above, it's sat there ever since.

I’m struggling to think of any other PS3 game that I've got which I've not completed at least two thirds of. One game which I never completed with still quite a bit to do was the original Borderlands. Similar to Red Dead Redemption – I just didn't get into it but had a bit more stamina that time around…

sidd230

Steam says that I have not played 46% of my library. Not even started once. I am not a very smart man.

gamerteabwoi

Well, I bought Watchdogs, played it, and wish I hadn't... does that count?

You know I was really thinking about getting this game but the more that I hear about this game the more that I realize that this game really isn't worth my money. Is the game really that bad? I was so excited about getting this game but the more that time goes on the more that I hear that his game is the worst thing that some people have played in their lifetime.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Ignoring my Steam library (thank you, indie bundles) and sticking purely to PS3 games... I bought Ni no Kuni a long while ago, but have not played it yet at all. I tried it out and it was great, but haven't really gotten into it. I was gonna play it recently but I decided to play Deadly Premonition on PC instead!

BTW: Watch_Dogs isn't THAT bad, it just had a lot of hype and it did not live up to it at all, so it's very disappointing.

Last edited:

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Far too many of my Steam purchases than I am willing to admit.

Haha. Seriously. I found this the other day. Pretty good analogy :p

awrwgAy_700b.jpg

To get back on topic, and aside from the stuff I never played off the Steam sale, the only ones in my collection were LA Noire (never got around to playing it) and Killzone 3 (was given to me for free. Should play it :) )

The Unlosing Ranger

To get back on topic, and aside from the stuff I never played off the Steam sale, the only ones in my collection were LA Noire (never got around to playing it) and Killzone 3 (was given to me for free. Should play it :) )

Man, you should play LA Noire! Fantastic game, I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a solid noir experience.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Man, you should play LA Noire! Fantastic game, I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a solid noir experience.
Oh totally. Heard it was a fantastic game and that's why I got it. Just haven't had the time to really dedicate to it. It's a long game if I remember hearing correctly.

The Unlosing Ranger

Oh totally. Heard it was a fantastic game and that's why I got it. Just haven't had the time to really dedicate to it. It's a long game if I remember hearing correctly.

Ah yes, it is indeed a rather long game, though it also depends on how much side stuff you do, though the side stuff isn't all that great. I don't really remember how long it took me. I played a couple hours every night and I think it took like two weeks, maybe? That said, the game does separate its story into sorts of episodes, so you could pace yourself and play an episode or two a day or something.

But yeah, probably better to save it until you have more time to really get into it.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements