• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Games On PS1 That You Were Addicted To

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Oh man. There were so many games on PSX that I was addicted to. I played a lot of Gran Turismo, Syndicate Wars, Metal Gear Solid, Twisted Metal, Syphon Filter and WipeOut XL. Ah the memories. Syndicate Wars was awesome. I spent so many hours playing it. Then my memory card got corrupted and lost something like 20 or 30 hours of gameplay. Never picked it up again after that.

NuclearDragon

I was addicted to Gran Turismo and the original Tomb Raider games on PS1. So much. Those games were my first exposure to 3D graphics as well.

CpmPanda

Metal Gear Solid 1, Metal Gear Solid VR Missions, Crash Bandicoot and Ace Combat were my top addictive games.

BUT the second most addicting game I played was the Tony Hawk Pro Skater games, as a skateboarder, I had such a blast being able to combine my two passions that defined me.

SS42A

The Tenchu games are quite addictive to play. I just love the stealth kills performed by Tatsumaru against Gohda's soldiers, such as grabbing his victim from behind and stabbing his sword Izayoi against the victim's chest. The Tekken 3 endings also make me play the PS1 more often, and I love the Yoshimitsu/Doctor B. ending where they are chase by a rat that just mutated after drinking Ogre's Blood. I likewise spent hours playing Final Fantasy Tactics' secret dungeon too, as I didn't have a guidebook at that time.

CpmPanda

ooh tactics was awesome, I hate games like that though but I had a blast with that one. Turn based games annoy me but final fantasy makes it fun.

robbiepayne97

Spyro the Dragon would be the one I was addicted to. I was also addicted to Year of the Dragon too which was an awesome game. I played Ripto's Rage too, but not as much as those two.

TheDarkDefender

Ooh man how the hell did I forget about Spyro? One of the games I loved was Syphon Filter, I played it 100 times then used Gameshark codes mwahahah! I never find fun in cheating but Syphon filter was the exception.

Lodismel

I was really surprised when I got a bit addicted to Dragon Warrior 7. It's not the best game ever but it really pushed you forward. One of the main mechanics was to collect these puzzle pieces so that you could open up more areas in the game. By the end I had put over 100 hours into it and I was really surprised.

terryp1202

Street Fighter Alpha. My friends and I would literally battle all night until about 5 or 6 in the next morning. We knew all possible combos, moves, counters, timing, and everything there was to know about the game. We were insane to play a game the way we played Street Fighter Alpha.

FosterTXT

When I played the PlayStation 1 back in the 90's I was addicted to Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2. My friends and I would battle each other in seeing who can get the top score. I would always get 1,000,000 points or higher thanks to revert to manual. I am still the best at THPS.

Oogles

Final Fantasy IX and Metal Gear Solid. It took me so long to finish each of these games that when I finished them I considered it the best achievement of my life (I was 10 don't judge me.)

deathbyprayer

I was really addicted to Tekken and Bloody Roar when I had my PS1. I would spend the whole day just locked in my room trying to beat Ogre on Tekken 3. My friends and I would lost our senses when bashing each other in Bloody Roar, those where the days.

terryp1202

I must have played Jet Moto 2 every single day for a while when it first came out. Me and my friends would race for hours and hours, and we knew how to get through every track flawlessly. Really good times!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements