• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Friend list and invite to game question

VictorWhiskey

I've never been a gamer, but recently starting playing Diablo 3 on my son's PS4.

For personal reasons, I'd prefer to keep my PSN friends to just family. I do have a few work acquaintances who play Diablo, and would like the option to play with them if the mood strikes. Inviting them through the game itself won't add them to my PSN friend list, correct? It doesn't look it, but I want to be sure.

Also, it's my son who has a Plus account, I just have a regular account on his playstation. Will his friends be able to see me when I'm on my account? I've already run into my son's nemesis, and was promptly killed. Is there a risk of running into any of his friends' nemeses? And from reading around online, it sounds like this is a feature that only affects PSN friends. In my above question about some co workers, I won't be sending any of their nemeses to my son as long as they're not on my PSN friends list, right?

Sorry for the new gamer Qs. I've annoyed my kid with enough stupid questions already, and he doesn't totally understand my wish for privacy.

Alex_68

I've never been a gamer, but recently starting playing Diablo 3 on my son's PS4.

For personal reasons, I'd prefer to keep my PSN friends to just family. I do have a few work acquaintances who play Diablo, and would like the option to play with them if the mood strikes. Inviting them through the game itself won't add them to my PSN friend list, correct? It doesn't look it, but I want to be sure.

By inviting friends you don't add them to your friend list, which can only be made upon both sides confirmation. If you played with them, for a certain period of time though, they can see you (and you, them) in their "recently met gamers" list.

Also, it's my son who has a Plus account, I just have a regular account on his playstation. Will his friends be able to see me when I'm on my account? I've already run into my son's nemesis, and was promptly killed. Is there a risk of running into any of his friends' nemeses? And from reading around online, it sounds like this is a feature that only affects PSN friends. In my above question about some co workers, I won't be sending any of their nemeses to my son as long as they're not on my PSN friends list, right?

Sorry for the new gamer Qs. I've annoyed my kid with enough stupid questions already, and he doesn't totally understand my wish for privacy.

There is a new useful option, recently added to the PS4, which allows you to appear offline & disconnected while you play.

Press and hold the PS button (the round one on the center of your controller, below the touchpad), then select "online status" and choose " appear offline". This function will show you as offline in your friends' lists. You will appear offline untill you decide to change, even if you turn on/off your PS4. In some multiplayer ingame lists you still may appear online though.