• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Finally the media remote is coming out

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
So is this only worth while if you're into using the Blu-Ray players and apps like netflix

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
So is this only worth while if you're into using the Blu-Ray players and apps like netflix
Pretty much. It's like the bluray remote for the PS3. If you use your PS4 for media, this is worth it. Can't use it for gaming.

Not sure why the old one would not work, buttons are pretty much identical on the PS4 controller.

I will be buying one, it is frustrating to use the controller... at least till you figure it out. I do not watch enough movies on my PS4 to remember what does what, was a real headache yesterday watching a bluetooth and trying to rewind.

f_dog80

Been away for a while but glad to be back. Falling back in love with my ps4 (sorry if I bump old posts till I get caught up)

I've seen a couple third party media remotes but been waiting for an official one. Can't wait for this will be a definite buy for me

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Not sure why the old one would not work, buttons are pretty much identical on the PS4 controller.

I will be buying one, it is frustrating to use the controller... at least till you figure it out. I do not watch enough movies on my PS4 to remember what does what, was a real headache yesterday watching a bluetooth and trying to rewind.

Sony claims it's a hardware thing with the way the programmed the controllers and peripherals on the PS3 and the PS4. The PS3 peripherals could not be made to work with the PS4. I've read the technical stuff but it goes over my head. Basically, incompatibility on a very technical level.

Been away for a while but glad to be back. Falling back in love with my ps4 (sorry if I bump old posts till I get caught up)

I've seen a couple third party media remotes but been waiting for an official one. Can't wait for this will be a definite buy for me

Bump all the old posts you want. Today is the first day I've been logged onto the forum myself instead of Tapatalk (and I mostly just lurked) so I'm playing catch up too :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
H PS5 buzzing & humming noise finally solved PlayStation 5 1
Chelsea Finally A couple of Performance Other Gaming Talk 1
G Ah, finally. Introduce Yourself 6
Sekelani Finally got my hands on the bloodborne strategy guide PlayStation 4 0
edogn12 Finally here PlayStation 4 1
Haze Battlefield Hardline finally coming March 2015! PlayStation 4 9
L Finally got some legendary weapon drops PlayStation 4 12
Kosh Exotic Hand Cannon Bounty - Got it finally! (Strategy inside!) PlayStation 4 6
K Finally I'm on PS4. add me Introduce Yourself 1
iamthenight90 ps4 finally gets theme support. PlayStation 4 19
ajally123 Welp PS3 finally stopped working properly on Sunday, any help? PlayStation 3 13
Abqu Finally got around to Second Son... PlayStation 4 12
Oberon Battlefield 4 finally lets you join a squad with friends PlayStation 4 1
S PS4 1.70 Update Finally Out And Official Details! PlayStation 4 23
J The Walking Dead Season 2 for Vita FINALLY Released! PlayStation Vita 31
daimashin I finally get what's the fuss is aboit. PlayStation 4 16
L DICE Finally Addressing Battlefield 4 Problems PlayStation 4 13
Jaymun Will the Madden Franchise finally take a step forward in the new generation? PlayStation 4 12
Haze Decided I'm finally going to purchase a PS Vita! PlayStation Vita 2
M Media player/VLC ps5 PlayStation 5 0
johnny0531 Playstation Media Remote Pair with Marantz Receiver PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
N HELP - Playstation 5 and a Media Room Question. PlayStation 5 0
Carlos PS5Forum on Social Media Annoucements & Site News 1
P media player PlayStation 4 0
G Media player download and account question PlayStation 4 0
S Media Player PlayStation 4 1
Oberon PS4 Media Player App NOW AVAILABLE! Play vids,pics,music now on PS4! PlayStation 4 8
R PS4 as media computer/server PlayStation 4 3
ajally123 Media Molecule Tease PlayStation 4 0
Titan I need a new media player for my computer Off Topic Lounge 9
AB9100 PS4 does not support media playback! PlayStation 4 9
R Firmware to allow media streaming like the PS3 has PlayStation 4 7
D Virgin Media: UK can't handle Broadband needs of Xbox One or PS4 PlayStation 4 6
Oberon New Info on the PS4′s Noise Level, Power Consumption, Media Performance & More PlayStation 4 13
A HELP! with media sharing, connecting PS3 to computer WIRELESSLY PlayStation 3 1
T PC media server list not updating on PS3 PlayStation 3 4
S Remote play PlayStation 5 0
B Ps remote play PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 11
V Any gamepads compatible with PS4 Remote Play on Android 9? PlayStation 4 0
J Slim better for Remote Play than the Original? PlayStation 4 0
C Ps4 remote play PlayStation 4 3
D New ps4 soon remote play help. PlayStation 4 0
C Remote play ps4 from PC using Dualshock 4 PlayStation Vita 1
jhawk19 PS4 and Remote Play Options PlayStation 4 2
A Signing in to PSN... PS4 Remote Play application issues PlayStation 4 7
J PS4 Remote Play PlayStation 4 2
S VAIO for PS4 Remote Play? PlayStation 4 11