• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

FFXV will be glamourized..you will love it I bet on it.

americagunsu

Well upon researching on-line the graphics seem superb.
What I'd like to know is how you feel about the incorporated
wealth into the story-line. It's going to be awesome, right?
If you want to prepare yourself for the type of RPG FFXV will
offer maybe it does indeed play-like Devil May Cry - series.
It seems like that does it not? This is David Michael - alias: americagunsu.
Cannot wait for this explosive new lineage in the Final Fantasy series.
Thank you once again Square-Enix, Sony and the Playstation model series.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
It looks great, from what they've shown. I hope it plays great too, the one gameplay video I watched didn't look too good but that was because the person playing it sucked. The team attacks and stuff certainly looked interesting and the game shows a lot of promise.

It BETTER be good, since it's taken so long to come out, too!

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
Well, its been marinating for 6 years, it had better be good. Given Squares new Agni engine, and their focus on intense visuals, I have no doubt the aesthetics and graphics of this game will be amazing. I'm only hoping they pay equally as much attention to gameplay and quality narrative.

I'll still play it and likely enjoy it. None of the main-series, non-MMO Final Fantasies have been awful, despite what some avid fans may insist. Every one has had some redeeming and interesting points.

lindbergh

Every Final Fantasy game offers the best visuals of its time so I have no doubt that Final Fantasy 15 would be a visual tour de force. The big question mark is the gameplay since Square has the tendency to tinker around with something new just for the sake of making something new. That's not necessarily a bad thing, it's good actually but sometimes, they overdo it.

wowtgp

They have only shown a bit of gameplay footage back at E3 on Sony conference. I am really skeptic about it. They need to show us some more gameplay footage.

Scottf14

I like the general idea of it. I have wanted to see a sort of, "Modern Day Final Fantasy" style for a while. They did it and still made it look like a Final Fantasy game. Well, they have managed that in the trailers at least. My only problem is that the game seems like a complete and total sausage fest so far! Where are the hot chicks that do terrible and sexy things?

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
Well, fans of the series, specially Japan, is not that happy for the lack of... fantasy in a Final Fantasy title. They really went "serious business" with this, with cover system, parrying huge swords and even guns.

...and this is turning out to be my favorite RPG of all time.

The Nightmonkey

It's hard not to get excited about it after seeing the E3 preview on it. I've wanted to get back into a FF series for awhile now. The last one I played was FF13 which I thought was too easy and seemed to be geared towards a younger demographic.
So from I understand will 15's gameplay be more like FF12?

unwittyoneliner

It definitely seems more dynamic and interesting than FFXIII did. I wonder how open world the game will be. Has there been any confirmation on that aspect?

CaptainWoodzy

I'll be honest, the generic anime style that Final Fantasy has adopted the past 10 years is a huge turn off for me. It feels like it has no identity anymore. I couldn't imagine that when I was a kid, the fantastic artwork from games like Final Fantasy IV and VI would never come to pass in video game form, and it would instead end up looking like generic anime silliness.

SpaceTiger

Wow, there are too many comments I agree with on the Final Fantasy series of recent here.

I'll be honest, the generic anime style that Final Fantasy has adopted the past 10 years is a huge turn off for me. It feels like it has no identity anymore. I couldn't imagine that when I was a kid, the fantastic artwork from games like Final Fantasy IV and VI would never come to pass in video game form, and it would instead end up looking like generic anime silliness.

I felt this way for a long time as well. The last time I really saw that awesome art for a Final Fantasy title was with the Tactics games and Crystal Chronicles series. The art style never deterred me from trying out the Final Fantasy games post FFX, though.

Well, fans of the series, specially Japan, is not that happy for the lack of... fantasy in a Final Fantasy title. They really went "serious business" with this, with cover system, parrying huge swords and even guns.

This was one of the minor reasons though. The last time the main FF series was full on fantasy and actually lived up to the name on the marquee was FFIX. FFXII actually got back to it if you don't include the MMORPGs in the series. Having a lack of what's in the title shouldn't complete turn me off on the main series. I mean Zelda isn't really featured in 1/4 of a Zelda game and I love that series.

It's a good thing Dragon Quest is still an active RPG series. It's like the Motorhead or Megadeth to Final Fantasy's Metallica.

The heavy movie/cut scene nature the series has gone in since FFX (along with the voice acting which just kills it for me to where I turn on subtitles and mute the game) adds on to that sundae of unappealing RPG. I give thumbs up for the skip scene button though.

I'll give a play though. My brother is a huge FF fan and he'll definitely pick it up when it eventually comes out.

jbepp

I hope the new game is as awesome as it looks.
FFXIII was a bit of a disappointment for me because it was too linear and the gameplay was just too boring. No exploration and the characters weren't that interesting.
It seems like they're adding a ton of new thing so I can't really tell if the game is going to be good or not.

desarijulian

I'm hoping for a real revitalization of Final Fantasy with XV. Hopefully they've really taken time to learn from gamer complaints and bring back the features that gamers loved. I want more combat, and more exploration, I want more variety in my surroundings, and characters that I don't want to kill. FF used to be the standard in JRPGs but it's been stagnating over the past couple of years.

TheDarkDefender

Final Fantasy has always looked good no matter what console/platform it's on. I do not doubt they'll keep pushing it and pushing it.

SeanM

Well upon researching on-line the graphics seem superb.
What I'd like to know is how you feel about the incorporated
wealth into the story-line. It's going to be awesome, right?
If you want to prepare yourself for the type of RPG FFXV will
offer maybe it does indeed play-like Devil May Cry - series.
It seems like that does it not? This is David Michael - alias: americagunsu.
Cannot wait for this explosive new lineage in the Final Fantasy series.
Thank you once again Square-Enix, Sony and the Playstation model series.

I wouldn't say devil may cry, dmC is more like a hack of and slash

Yorf

I'm ready to buy a PS4 just to play this game. The trailers look so good, and from what I've read, some of the interviews state that the game would be going somewhat back to the roots of ye old Final Fantasies. Here's to hoping for overworld map and airships! :D

Oogles

I bought a PS3 for this game only for it to fade into nothingness and be re-announced years later as a PS4 and Xbox one game. Imagine my disappointment. Those things aside I'm still looking forward to this game especially because Nomura will be the director and I love how he did Kingdom Hearts. I agree the graphics look amazing and the combat seems impressive as for the soundtrack I have no doubt that it'll be good. The story seems good too so far. The only thing I didn't like was Noctis's costume change. The new one kind of looks a bit generic? the old one was a lot more hmmm... unique and recognizable. I just hope this won't turn into 10 years of waiting before it finally gets released.

drunkchiksrEZ

Cant wait for this game!! My favorite Final Fantasy game was Final Fantasy 7 with Final Fantasy 10 coming in a close second.