• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Fallout 76 Update 1.31 and 1.32 Huge Size of 82GB ?

Mark97213

My PS4 Fallout 76 game has been playing just fine and updating just fine until this newest update, Version 1.31 came out. It was purported to be around an 8GB size but after it started downloading, the size was at 82GB. I've deleted and restarted several times but it always comes back to 82GB. So I've been downloading and have downloaded about 20GB, then update 1.32 comes out and boom, I'm right back up to 82GB again. Anyone have an idea what's going on with these updates causing my PS4 to see them so large? That last PS4 system update downloaded fine in between those Fallout 76 updates but the sizes are of theses updates are ridiculous, especially since my DL speed is maxed at 1.5mb.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
My PS4 Fallout 76 game has been playing just fine and updating just fine until this newest update, Version 1.31 came out. It was purported to be around an 8GB size but after it started downloading, the size was at 82GB. I've deleted and restarted several times but it always comes back to 82GB. So I've been downloading and have downloaded about 20GB, then update 1.32 comes out and boom, I'm right back up to 82GB again. Anyone have an idea what's going on with these updates causing my PS4 to see them so large? That last PS4 system update downloaded fine in between those Fallout 76 updates but the sizes are of theses updates are ridiculous, especially since my DL speed is maxed at 1.5mb.
It's not your console. It's Fallout 76, it has been a buggy mess since launch. I'm not going to insult your intelligence, but honestly, I would have just stayed away from Fallout 76 in any capacity. It's literally a broken game. Fallout 4 was... eh. But I have heard good things about the Fallout series. When I played Fallout 4, I tried my best to like it or love it or something to that effect. I couldn't. Fallout 76 on the other hand, I waited... and learned the hard way that I am glad I'm not a bethesda fanboy.

I will, however buy anything with the id Software name on the box. I mean it. Those are talented developers.

Mark97213

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you've said. I wanted to like 76, I really did but I was so in love with Fallout 4, that I thought I'd try 76... it's just terrible. Then, having to pay 60/year just to have access to it... ugggh. Nevertheless, I would like to play Wastelanders, if it ever comes out. Just seems so odd that even the update process is even a joke. Frustrated.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!