• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Failed Bioshock Vita Game

ajally123

Do you guys think this would pretty much save the Vita. Ok the console is great in terms of spec and everything but it obviously hasn't take off like the 3DS. Do you think it is because of massive games that would make it more appealing? I remember back when Irrational wanted to make a Vita game and it was pretty much confirmed. According to a IGN article (for some reason can't post links till 30 posts) , they couldn't get a good deal to start development on it. I think it's a shame as Sony really could have done with a Bioshock game as it is such a big name.

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
I don't think it would have saved the Vita, but it would have been nice... too bad 2K and Sony never worked out a deal. It was gonna be like a Final Fantasy Tactics games set in pre-fall Rapture...

RobDaCool

I doubt it would of saved it. Sadly I am trying to like my Vita. It has a few games I enjoy, most are free PS+ games though, I've only bought ONE game for it. And I hate to say it but Sonic Racing Transformed looks just as good on my Galaxy S5

jbeavis100

Nothing can save the vita. It is a sinking ship unlike the PSP which had a boatton of games that made it worth getting. The Vita doesn't have any and all the best games keep ending up on 3DS.

The Unlosing Ranger

I don't think the Vita is a sinking ship. It just is losing its mass appeal by becoming an indie and Japanese games machine. Which is alright by me, honestly, but very niche. Unlike the PSP, the Vita doesn't keep making me think about "wow it would be nice if THAT were getting localized" constantly. On the Vita, most of the weird Japanese games are getting localized for some reason, it's fantastic.

jbeavis100

I don't think the Vita is a sinking ship. It just is losing its mass appeal by becoming an indie and Japanese games machine. Which is alright by me, honestly, but very niche. Unlike the PSP, the Vita doesn't keep making me think about "wow it would be nice if THAT were getting localized" constantly. On the Vita, most of the weird Japanese games are getting localized for some reason, it's fantastic.
The Vita has been out for quite some time but it has no real marketshare, the 3DS is destroying it in all aspects and games that came out on ps3 and vita generally have the vita version sell poorly and the PS3 version sell much better. The problem is a lack of a Killer App for the Vita that makes people want to buy it but that's not going to happen unless sony rescinds there statement saying they aren't going to be making any more first party games for it.

The Unlosing Ranger

It's not really surprising that a Nintendo handheld is yet again better (in sales which leads to more games being developed for it, but its hardware is inferior). It's also not surprising that PS3 versions of games sell more than Vita versions, considering the PS3 has been around for almost a decade and has millions of users. Even less surprising in the west, since people in the west vastly prefer consoles over handhelds.

Though yeah, I honestly think its mostly Sony's fault, in the west. In Japan it seems to be doing fine, which is why there's so many Japanese games for the thing, but Sony in the west doesn't bother marketing the damn thing as anything other than a Remote Play machine.

Livvy

Nothing can save the vita. It is a sinking ship unlike the PSP which had a boatton of games that made it worth getting. The Vita doesn't have any and all the best games keep ending up on 3DS.
Damnit, that's what I came here to say. Why'd you steal my post?

Erm...ermm...SONY VITA EH? M-MORE LIKE SONY V-VITATANIC! AMIRITE!?

Nailed it.

jbeavis100

Damnit, that's what I came here to say. Why'd you steal my post?

Erm...ermm...SONY VITA EH? M-MORE LIKE SONY V-VITATANIC! AMIRITE!?

Nailed it.
Because literally everyone is thinking it at this point. It's quite sad really considering the PSP amazing set of games that really set it apart from the DS.

deathbyprayer

I think the problem with the Vita is with the Vita itself. I mean, the damn thing has Boderlands running on it, it's one of the best games ever made. I've tried playing it once on my friends Vita and it was actually pretty damn good. But I guess people just don't like the Vita anymore, I mean when the PSP came out it was a big hit but it slowly died down. I guess it's Sony's fault entirely. I don't know man, I mean I really liked the Vita I thought it was a great machine but I just don't feel like buying it for some reason. I think it's cursed or something black magicky going on. Just kidding.

Nackles

It never really stood a chance. It was such an expensive piece of hardware and there have been 0 games to sell the system to the western market (unless you are a huge Uncharted Fan). The big titles that did come out felt like they were slopped together as quick as possible without any pride in the quality of the final product. Sony should have been working on that before it was released. Getting a unique GTA or a NEW Borderlands game right off the bat would have gave it momentum instead of the steady downfall we have all witnessed. Now it is too late for anything like that to save it and no companies want to waste money on a new game for a console that can't give them a large sales base anyways. Also a contributor... memory cards...$$$...uggghhh.

FosterTXT

I think Bioshock game for the PlayStation Vita would have definitely spiced things up a bit for the handheld console. I'm very surprised that Sony didn't follow through with this project, I think they might of messed up big time on this one. I was not expecting the PlayStation Vita to be as much of a flop and as it has turned out to be.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!