• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Elder Strolls subscription fee

KMJ_84

It's an MMO. It's to be expected. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't WoW charge a monthly fee to play the game? At least I know they used to.

And remember, you don't need PS+ to play ESO.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
It's an MMO. It's to be expected. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't WoW charge a monthly fee to play the game? At least I know they used to.

Well free no PS+ doesn't mean anything as 99.9% of those who would play ESO would have it because of most other games require it. However when you have to pay £50 for the game and then £8/£9 a month its a bit much overall. Most games that are MMO tend to be free to play and then you either pay through monthly subscription or pay through micro transactions.

All in all, this game seems like a rip-off.

KMJ_84

Well, I still think it will only be subscription based for 6 months. Other MMO's such as SW:TOR and LOTR started out as paid (with successful numbers) but ended up reverting to free.

Haze

I could be wrong, but I believe you can play up to a certain level in WoW for free. If you want to go beyond level 20 or whatever it is, that's where the subscription comes in.

KMJ_84

I could be wrong, but I believe you can play up to a certain level in WoW for free. If you want to go beyond level 20 or whatever it is, that's where the subscription comes in.

That's probably it. I just remember seeing an advert for WoW years ago (I think it was the one with Ozzy Osbourne in lol) and it said play WoW for free for a month, I just assumed the pricing strategy hadn't changed.

Strykstar

But WoW is already an established MMO with the largest player base in the world, ESO isn't trying to fight WoW, they are trying to fight a few new MMO's, some are free-to-play.
That said, that's mostly on PC, on the PS4 I don't think they have any competition so they can get away with charging the subscription.

SpaceTiger

Personally I'm okay with the subscription. Just like when Blizzard was putting a lot of work into WoW prior to releasing it and going with a subscription format, Bethesda put in a lot of effort and hype for ESO so a subscription makes sense to me. Hell, Sony did the same back when they had EQ on PS2. If Bethesda made it free I'd expect it for up to certain level or for people to get annoyed when it became pay to win--which it would've became--and the playing field become uneven.

xLouis325

If your interested in joining a clan for ESO PS4 US go to my website a check it out at unitedregion.weebly.com

Matth121

Ya I think the monthly fee for a console game is pretty stupid too, but I guess they're trying to take the classic MMO subscription & game and take it to the consoles. It won't be for everyone but if you want to play it a lot then it's worth it.

jbeavis100

I think it's a crappy game that's not worth paying a sub for personally and I pay a sub for a much better MMO already anyway..

Alex_68

I loved Skyrim on X360, I played it untill wearing my thumbs out. I will not buy this one though 'cause I don't want to marry Bethesda.

Alex_68

Good news guys!

The coming out of The Elder Scrolls Online Tamriel Unlimited is expected for 09/june/2015 and it seems that we will not need a game subscription anymore.

The new case cover says it all:
211qi4n.jpg

Source

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements