• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Dual Shock 4 Issues?

DrRipley

What do you guys think of this? I instantly thought "Microsoft sabotage". :D Kidding aside, though, I don't think I've ever seen any of this happening for any of the past controllers I've seen, but then again, those were never at conventions being played by thousands of different people.

However, there is another so-called problem I've seen brought up and I hope to discuss it with you guys. This one is about the lights on top of the controller and the possible glare it might cause. Do you think this will happen only on certain types of TVs? Do you think this will become bothersome? What do you guys think about these, are they issues or "issues"?

psglare.jpg

mCyRclP.gif

Last edited:

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Maybe just a dud or perhaps with so many people possibly using this particular controller at events and everyone treating it differently its wared it down in an unsual way.
Or,if this controller wasnt used and is only for display maybe its just that,display only and doesnt fuction properly.Who knows.

mareebaybay

I knew there was going to be problems with the Playstation 4 eventually, whether or not it was the controller or the console it self. Although I know they will have the problems fixed in no time. I think it will not be every person experiencing these problems.

DrRipley

Maybe just a dud or perhaps with so many people possibly using this particular controller at events and everyone treating it differently its wared it down in an unsual way.
Or,if this controller wasnt used and is only for display maybe its just that,display only and doesnt fuction properly.Who knows.

I thought as much too, and I think some of the other instances floating around online are rumored to be fabricated. Nonetheless, I'm also curious about the LED light on top and I wonder if it will prove to be bothersome to some people. I initially thought it was a nice little design addition, but I never figured that it might reflect on TVs until I saw these, and I seriously doubt this little detail would have gotten passed Sony, but mistakes happen. Anyway, only a few days left before release though, so thankfully, I guess we're going to find out soon!

AvalonX

Holy Wizard, I just posted fears about this in my controller thread! Not the R1, that isn't happening but the rubber on this sticks feels really thin. I can totally see them coming apart. That said, I'm sure someone will make some grips for them that slip on or Sony will be taking back a lot of controllers.