• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Do you expect singple player campaigns to be even shorter this gen?

dean290000

The trend in consoles has been for the games to get shorter in length but with better graphics and for all games to have multiplayer.

Do you guys think this trend will continue?

I am actually hoping with the larger capacity BD discs that we get some games that look better and are longer. I really feel like any $60 game should be a minimum of 20 hours for it's single player campaign3.

Dean

daimashin

I sure hope not but I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen. The games look better and that is going to take a lot of space. I'll be glad if games this gen retain the same game time as before which is about 10 to 12 hours.

onison

The trend in consoles has been for the games to get shorter in length but with better graphics and for all games to have multiplayer.

Do you guys think this trend will continue?

I am actually hoping with the larger capacity BD discs that we get some games that look better and are longer. I really feel like any $60 game should be a minimum of 20 hours for it's single player campaign3.

Dean

I agree. I hate when I pay 60 bucks for a game I been waiting on only to find out its really short.

jstep7262

I'm not sure, but the Ghosts campaign has been the shortest and easiest yet, I feel. I have two more chapters to play on hardened and I'm done. I got that far sitting down for a few hours and playing on two separate days. Either I'm getting better (not the case) or the games are getting easier. I typically would play the campaign on hardened and then go back and play on Veteran. Now I wish I would have started on Veteran. Kind of disappointed TBH.

At least the multiplayer in CoD will make the game worth the price!

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
If you ONLY ever play the SP campaign on games like CoD or BF then you are prob better off renting it somewhere,or get it when its very cheap.
Other games are still worth it,as you would go back to the campaign I think,like GTA and RDR games :)

CpmPanda

This generation of gaming should easily be able to handle both graphics and 2-5x more gameplay than PS3 titles. Seriously, I know some of them don't now, but they will in 2014. New games will have a crapload to do once the PS4's power is fully utilized.

dean290000

We live in times where everyone gets a medal for winning even if they come in last place. I expect the games will get easier or at least have easier options. For example, I have seen games that have both easy and very easy difficulty settings. I usually play on Normal myself unless I am laying through for the 2nd time.

I will be real hesitant to purchase games for $60 that only last 10 hours. 6 dollars an hour for video games is not very good value for console games. The 16 - 24 hour games seems to the sweet spot IMO.
``````````

MorgUK

That's why I buy games that have multiplayer too. Even if single player is good, I hate flying through a game and then having to sell it at a third of it's price a week later. Skyrim and games like that are good, you can really play for long time.

TheDarkDefender

Agreed MorgUK, unless the single player game has at least a couple extra cases of replay value then I will not really care much. Most the time, online multiplayer games are a bit overrated or just plain lame.

dean290000

There are a lot of us that aren't big on multiplayer though and a game like the last of us is a great bargain as I played for nearly 30 hours. I am one of those people that turn right when they game is giving you clues to turn left. I try to get all hidden goodies and figure out all that I can about the game. The problem I have with multiplayer is that it may take me a week to finish The Last of US just because of my job, my family, and just life. There are a lot of teenagers and such that literally can play these games all days for weeks especially in the summer time. I did play some of The Last of US multiplayer because it was a lot of fun but I am not into FPS which where most of the multiplayer seems to be.

I am sure I cant be the only one who does not care for the COD type games and even feel they are the most overrated games out there. Give me a third party adventure like Uncharted any day over a lot of generic FPS. I got tired of FPS after the original Unreal and Unreal tournament.

Ot is Christmas day here. I hope everyone has a great holiday who is celebrating with their friends and family!