• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Destiny 2

DestroyRepeat

Destroy. Repeat.
Destroy. Repeat.
Name: Destiny 2
Release Date: To be released in Holiday 2020 alongside PS5.
Genre: First Person Shooter
Developer: Bungie
Publisher: Bungie

Fortnite is a first person shooter with loot mechanics. Though, PS5 can handle more with the increased texture work, and increased framerates, we don't know much about this version of Destiny 2 other than that "it's coming to Next Gen consoles."

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I was really hoping this generation they'd get away from rereleasing games from the previous generation. I feel this current generation there was too much of a focus on HD remakes and re-releases. When I saw on the reveal video that GTA5 was being released on PS5, I realized it's gonna be a thing next gen too. That game has been on 3 generations of consoles. I mean, why not GTA6?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I was really hoping this generation they'd get away from rereleasing games from the previous generation. I feel this current generation there was too much of a focus on HD remakes and re-releases. When I saw on the reveal video that GTA5 was being released on PS5, I realized it's gonna be a thing next gen too. That game has been on 3 generations of consoles. I mean, why not GTA6?
Rumor is Destiny 2 becomes "Destiny 3." They just had a live event like Fortnite. GTA6 is in development, no doubt. But, I think they're trying to get used to PS5/Xbox Series X, before going all-in.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Rumor is Destiny 2 becomes "Destiny 3." They just had a live event like Fortnite. GTA6 is in development, no doubt. But, I think they're trying to get used to PS5/Xbox Series X, before going all-in.
I hope so. Guess we'll just have to be patient. Don't get me wrong. I don't mind rereleasing games. It allows a sort of immortality to them and allows them to live on for new gamers to enjoy. Issue I have is when industrywide it becomes pretty much the norm and takes away focus on creating new IPs and taking risks to really push gaming to a new level. I feel the PS4/XBOne generation there was too much focus on these remakes. They're becoming the movie industry lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ScarletFox97 Kingdom Bound, a clan for Destiny, Warframe, and More! PS Clans & Communities 0
WarMaximum Blood Syndicate Recruiting for Destiny 2 on PS4 PS Clans & Communities 1
X XGN is Recruiting for a new Destiny 2 Squad! PS Clans & Communities 0
C Looking for cool people to play destiny, gta 5 and other games with Introduce Yourself 3
T is destiny a good game ? PlayStation 4 1
D Queen of death (destiny/blkop3) PS Clans & Communities 0
C Destiny: Leveling Up PlayStation 4 2
Sekelani New destiny console PlayStation 4 5
B ooking for hardcore destiny players to go through all story,raids before fallen king PlayStation 4 1
C Gun balance is destiny PlayStation 4 0
T Looking for Destiny Players to do Crotas End Raid. PlayStation 4 1
Derri Destiny Expansion Packs Price PlayStation 4 0
R Active Destiny clan looking for new members PS Clans & Communities 0
T To play destiny PlayStation 4 1
B destiny Introduce Yourself 1
T Destiny questions PlayStation 4 13
T Destiny Stuck in Disc Tray- PS4 won't read or eject, HELP! PlayStation 4 2
C Destiny wont install? Stops at 98% PlayStation 4 8
Ty_M Destiny - first impressions PlayStation 4 3
Y Q/A I need to know about dropping gear in Destiny. PlayStation 4 3
Haze Please read here before posting in "Destiny" forum! Annoucements & Site News 0
EVILDEAD333 A Limited Edition PS4 Destiny Bundle Drops Every 15 Minutes at Taco Bell Off Topic Lounge 3
DuckSwimmer [PS3][PS4]DEO OPTIMO MAXIMO - Recruiting for Call of Duty: Ghosts/AW &Destiny! PS Clans & Communities 0
G new fun destiny clan PS Clans & Communities 0
D What do you love and hate about destiny? PlayStation 4 5
Kosh Ships in Destiny PlayStation 4 8
Cpt Blackadder Destiny V Borderlands.. please discuss :) PlayStation 4 8
Haze Looking for Teammates in Destiny? POST HERE! PS Clans & Communities 329
Ridge Destiny friend request sticky Feedback & Suggestions 5
R Destiny Remote play on PS Vita options PlayStation 4 10
deathbyprayer Reviewers didn't like Destiny that much PlayStation 4 33
X Need some help to make my Destiny clan, just 2 min of your time PS Clans & Communities 0
W The Shadow Brotherhood recruiting for Destiny (PS4) PS Clans & Communities 0
TheKarateKid Destiny - Multiplayer Online ?? PlayStation 4 4
deathbyprayer Do you think Destiny will hold up? PlayStation 4 6
Sekelani Just picked up destiny. PlayStation 4 50
W Are you ready for Destiny? PlayStation 4 5
Ridge People Are Mad At Destiny Again PlayStation 4 5
deathbyprayer Is Destiny really that good? PlayStation 4 47
F Renegade Elite Clan Recruiting [PS4] Destiny PS Clans & Communities 0
Negative Zero Destiny Expansion Pass PlayStation 4 4
daimashin Am I the only person not excited for Destiny? PlayStation 4 11
Veenzy Bored without Destiny PlayStation 4 11
Veenzy Looking for a Call of Duty or Destiny clan PS Clans & Communities 7
Bingo Destiny Open Beta PlayStation 4 1
AvalonX Destiny Glimmer Farming and Iron banner/Hunter cloak locations PlayStation 4 1
Haze Destiny "Beta" impressions! PlayStation 4 47
Ridge We have 9 Destiny Beta codes to giveaway Other Gaming Talk 22
S Last of Us, Destiny, or GTA V? PlayStation 4 20
kenslyjohn What is Destiny actually? PlayStation 4 1