• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Death Stranding: Director's Cut

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Name: Death Stranding: Director's Cut
Release Date: September 24, 2021
Genre: Action
Developer: Kojima Productions
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE)

At Sony's E3 2016 Conference, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) and Kojima Productions revealed Hideo Kojima's new game, called "Death Stranding." This was a PlayStation 4 exclusive that originally released November 8, 2021. During Geoff Keighley's Summer Game Fest event that kicked off E3 2021, Hideo Kojima revealed the PlayStation 5 version of Death Stranding.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Kojima was 100% in charge of the game. Wouldn't the original be his directors cut? lol. Also, I need to finish this game. I got to a good stopping point then kinda stopped a year ago lol.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Kojima was 100% in charge of the game. Wouldn't the original be his directors cut? lol. Also, I need to finish this game. I got to a good stopping point then kinda stopped a year ago lol.
"Director's Cut" are basically Special Editions. The reason this one is Director's Cut rather than Special Edition, is because the director is putting in his nibble little touches into the upgrade, as this IS an upgrade from the original.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
"Director's Cut" are basically Special Editions. The reason this one is Director's Cut rather than Special Edition, is because the director is putting in his nibble little touches into the upgrade, as this IS an upgrade from the original.

I dunno. It seems like a marketing ploy to squeeze extra money out of people. The movie industry has been doing this for years to spur along DVD sales. And usually the director had nothing to do with the new cut or they just add in an extra scene or two and then slap on the "Directors Cut" label and ask for money lol. I know years ago Deus Ex: Human Revolution did a Directors Cut (it's the version I have actually). It came with the DLC included and a lot of tweaks that made the game better and address criticism. But if I recall correctly, the changes minus the DLC were available for free via an update. It doesn't sound like it's the case with Death Stranding or the new Directors Cuts being announced. If they make me pay for it, I'm gonna pass. I already paid full price for the game. I may pay for the DLC for extra story but to have some new features? I don't think so.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I dunno. It seems like a marketing ploy to squeeze extra money out of people. The movie industry has been doing this for years to spur along DVD sales. And usually the director had nothing to do with the new cut or they just add in an extra scene or two and then slap on the "Directors Cut" label and ask for money lol. I know years ago Deus Ex: Human Revolution did a Directors Cut (it's the version I have actually). It came with the DLC included and a lot of tweaks that made the game better and address criticism. But if I recall correctly, the changes minus the DLC were available for free via an update. It doesn't sound like it's the case with Death Stranding or the new Directors Cuts being announced. If they make me pay for it, I'm gonna pass. I already paid full price for the game. I may pay for the DLC for extra story but to have some new features? I don't think so.
True. True. You got a point.

draveryn

I wonder what the next game will be from our beloved Kojima? I haven't read the announcements and I can't even imagine what a really brilliant project God Kojima is working on. I hope he is working on a sequel to Death Stranding. Although do we need a sequel? Of course, I do not doubt Kojima's genius, but in my opinion, death stranding itself ended as it should and the continuation can simply ruin everything. The only continuation of the game that I'm still waiting for is probably half life 3 but something tells me that it certainly will not come out. Probably time will tell, but in the meantime, can you tell me where I can BUY MUT 22 COINS? I don't really like cryptocurrency, but this one interested me a little.

Last edited:

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I wonder what the next game will be from our beloved Kojima? I haven't read the announcements and I can't even imagine what a really brilliant project God Kojima is working on. I hope he is working on a sequel to Death Stranding. Although do we need a sequel?

I've heard rumors that yes, they are starting on it. If it was financially successful, why wouldn't they squeeze as much as they can out of the franchise?

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements