• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

DayZ creator has talked “extensively with Microsoft” but next-gen yet to rival PC

KMJ_84

DayZ creator Dean Hall has revealed that he has spoken “extensively with Microsoft” about its Xbox One hardware and although you shouldn’t read too much into what he’s said, it seems that other, unnamed sites have already done that for you, claiming that the game could come to the console. That’s not necessarily the case, but his feedback is interesting nonetheless.

The game probably isn’t guaranteed for Xbox One at the time of writing, but Hall was asked for his thoughts on the next-gen consoles during an interview with GameReactor. “We’d certainly consider release on any feasible platform with a realistic publishing model,” he began. “It seems like currently both of the next-gen consoles should provide an environment we can develop inside.”

Hall still feels that PC is the format of choice for now, and that PS4 and Xbox One have some proving to do. “I personally feel the new consoles have yet to prove themselves able to rival the PC experience, however I feel there is the potential from both.”

More info here http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/14/day...-with-microsoft-but-consoles-yet-to-rival-pc/

I'm not thrilled by the fact that conversations between him and Sony haven't even begun yet. I was expecting this game to be released to the PS4 later on this years or the first half of 2015.

I'd be uber peed off if DayZ ended up on the Xbox One and not the PS4 :p

SpaceTiger

DayZ on Xbox One only is possible, then they'd have two online multiplayer zombie games since it's given that Undead Labs are gunning for making State of Decay online friendly.

Ghost_of_Crash

I would love if State of Decay was online multiplayer. I do hope DayZ isn't exclusive to Xbox One though. I'd pick that up.

Haymansafc

This really is disappointing news. I've been watching several hours of DayZ on YouTube since the turn of the year and it’s pretty much as addictable as another one of my current favourite games in Alpha stages – '7 Days To Die' that I also can’t get enough of. I watch a specific YouTuber play this and most evenings I find myself seeing if he’s uploaded another video or two.

DayZ would most definitely be one game I'd purchase if it was on PS4 (when I get one, of course). I sincerely hope it would be an Xbox One only game because that really would be a kick in the teeth from it's developer.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Tomba DayZ or Infestation: Survivor Stories (The War Z) PlayStation 4 7
BioLee DayZ May Become PS4 console exclusive PlayStation 4 14
W Is DayZ coming to PS4? PlayStation 4 15
Oberon Gran Turismo 7 Hitting PS4 In 2015 Or 2016, Creator Says PlayStation 4 0
The Nightmonkey Interview with Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi PlayStation 3 11
S Has the PS4 Blu-ray audio issue been fixed on PS5? PlayStation 5 0
L Can’t log into my sub account on ps5. My son has a ps4 which his account was under his dads account and cannot login on his ps5 PlayStation 5 2
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) - PS5 EVENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THIS THURSDAY ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k WARNING for PS5 - Sony has Denied Release Date & Price! (PS5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
Carlos CarlosX360 Co. Ltd. has acquired PS4Forum! Annoucements & Site News 1
I Has anyone dealt with the low-scale AA while playing games? PlayStation 4 0
J Did you know Shigeru Miyamoto has a twitter account? Off Topic Lounge 0
G "Just for You" recommendations has no items PlayStation 4 3
jeffnz Sold my PS4 - games industry has gone lame PlayStation 4 14
Oberon Dying Light has now a co-op demo PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Battlefront has Fighter Squadron mode PlayStation 4 17
S Is there anyone has ever tried buying PS4 games from Instagram? PlayStation 4 6
Titan Silent Hills has been cancelled PlayStation 4 6
Oberon PlayStation 4 software update 2.51 has been released PlayStation 4 10
jeffnz Do you know of anybody who has studied game development? Other Gaming Talk 0
Oberon Mortal Kombat X has Microtransactions PlayStation 4 2
Haze So has anybody played LittleBigPlanet 3 yet? PlayStation 4 3
Haze Has anybody played Alien: Isolation yet? What did you think? PlayStation 4 19
Smoggie12252013 Far Cry 4 who else has pre ordered it? PlayStation 4 4
Oberon Advanced Warfare has 13 maps at launch plus Emblem Editor returning PlayStation 4 0
SS42A Has anyone ever scored a perfect 3-diamonds whle playing the slots in Bejeweled Bitz? Other Gaming Talk 0
deathbyprayer Has any of you actually finished Skyrim? PlayStation 3 9
M Netflix has expanded to 6 new countries today. Off Topic Lounge 7
Oberon New Sony PS4 and PS3 Headset Has 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound,$70 PlayStation 4 9
C Target has... PlayStation 4 3
S PSN+ Has Ran Out But... PlayStation 4 16
daimashin Who has done Grounded Mode? PlayStation 4 2
Haze Good game for someone who has never played Final Fantasy? PlayStation 4 6
Haze Has anybody ever "double-dipped"? (PS3/PS4 games) PlayStation 4 11
WackoDaSniper Driveclub Has No Clutch Support and No Horns; Can Drive With a Wheel from the Get Go PlayStation 4 1
W Has anyone played it on PC? PlayStation 4 21
Haze Battlefield Hardline has been leaked. PlayStation 4 7
D Anyone concerned this game has no reviews yet? PlayStation 4 22
Ridge So Monster Monpiece Has A Release date now PlayStation Vita 2
ManofOneWay Which game has the best graphics so far? PlayStation 4 23
Haze Has anyone picked this up? Will anyone pick this up? PlayStation 4 26
KMJ_84 PS3 has “a lot of life left, we really have to keep it alive,” says Sony PlayStation 3 49
pandandesign Has your Playstation 3 undergone the ring of death? PlayStation 3 12
jstep7262 What has your favorite Super Bowl XLVIII moment been? Off Topic Lounge 12
H It has a ratintg PlayStation 4 1
B GameStop has PS4's! PlayStation 4 0
H It has a release date! PlayStation 4 1
H Destiny is pumping out the best the PS3 has to offer PlayStation 4 1
R Firmware to allow media streaming like the PS3 has PlayStation 4 7
daimashin The DS4 has really short battery life. PlayStation 4 1