• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Covid Cases Increase In The US And Worldwide

wispfire

As the covid cases increase in the US and worldwide, I think there is a chance that we will be put into lockdown again. What the status in your area, are covid cases increasing too?

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I'm in NJ. We have restrictions but aren't in lock down yet. Otherwise, we are at or maybe even higher at this point than we were in April when we peaked. I'm half expecting another lock down. And I lost my job because of all this. Not very motivating trying to find a job only to possibly lose it because of another lock down. I had a friend who was supposed to start a job in March but ended up losing it because of the first lock down. Him getting unemployment was a nightmare because he quit his other job to start this one. I'm trying to avoid that lol.

jusZenTFN

Banned
It really depends on how bad it gets. I'm in NY and the specific part of NY I'm in hasn't been hit that hard and we haven't had full lockdown for a while. Restaurants are at capacity limits and they discourage indoor gatherings but everything is still open for takeout, etc.

I was kind of in the same position as your friend @Titan. I had left a job that I was at for 10 years to start a new job in February, COVID happened and I got laid off from that job. I was extremely lucky though because since I was laid off I qualified for unemployment. My job opened back up like a week later but they were not taking it serious enough for me, I have 2 young children and live with people that have underlying conditions.

I report to unemployment that I was offered a job back and decided not to take it due to those concerns, I was still able to collect unemployment which I'm still on to this day. My plan was to wait through winter and see what happens in 2021, I'm fortunate enough to be in a spot where we have enough income to get through to that point but it's hard out there.

I hope everyone stays safe and is able to pay all of your bills. I'm really feeling for a lot of people in these trying times. A huge benefit to having and living with a big family in a time like this.

bogota

in California, a limited stay at home order was issued and a curfew from 10 pm to 5 am was imposed. there is nothing much to do about it because, as of now, that is the only way that keeps us safe from the pandemic. There things that we could do to cope up with this quarantine.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamrapperhulk

Cela dépend vraiment de la gravité de la situation. Je suis à New York et la partie spécifique de New York dans laquelle je suis n'a pas été durement touchée et nous n'avons pas eu de verrouillage complet depuis un moment. Les restaurants sont à la limite de capacité et ils découragent les rassemblements à l'intérieur, mais tout est encore ouvert à emporter, et

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

wispfire

It really depends on how bad it gets. I'm in NY and the specific part of NY I'm in hasn't been hit that hard and we haven't had full lockdown for a while. Restaurants are at capacity limits and they discourage indoor gatherings but everything is still open for takeout, etc.

I was kind of in the same position as your friend @Titan. I had left a job that I was at for 10 years to start a new job in February, COVID happened and I got laid off from that job. I was extremely lucky though because since I was laid off I qualified for unemployment. My job opened back up like a week later but they were not taking it serious enough for me, I have 2 young children and live with people that have underlying conditions.

I report to unemployment that I was offered a job back and decided not to take it due to those concerns, I was still able to collect unemployment which I'm still on to this day. My plan was to wait through winter and see what happens in 2021, I'm fortunate enough to be in a spot where we have enough income to get through to that point but it's hard out there.

I hope everyone stays safe and is able to pay all of your bills. I'm really feeling for a lot of people in these trying times. A huge benefit to having and living with a big family in a time like this.

But is it true that some New Yorkers left and decided to buy a house somewhere else?

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
But is it true that some New Yorkers left and decided to buy a house somewhere else?

I live in the suburbs not far from NYC. From what I understand, my state has had a bit of a real estate boom the last several months because people from the city are moving away from it. Especially in the more open areas of NJ.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I live in the suburbs not far from NYC. From what I understand, my state has had a bit of a real estate boom the last several months because people from the city are moving away from it. Especially in the more open areas of NJ.
More to do with their politics/policies. Brilliant video I saw during the pandemic...

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements