• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Compatible wheels with PS5 will be?

D0N

Hi everyone,
If this is a double thread, sorry in advance.
But I am buying a wheel for my Ps4, and I am a little bit concerned about compatibility with a future console.
Thrustmaster t300 in some form(RS or RS GT) is my choice, so what do you think?

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
Just judging by past experience, I'm sure it'll be compatible. I still use a PS3 headset on my PS4. Works fine except the battery life is crap now lol. I also vaguely remember the Logitech PS2 racing wheels worked on PS3 and PS3 racing wheels worked on PS4. Of course, nothing is guaranteed as of now but can just go off past trends :)

D0N

Tnx for reply. I contacted Thrustmaster customer service and they don't know yet. Or they are not allowed to say is more likely. Gonna buy some used wheel so I don't cry over that money if I used it just for couple of months..

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I mean, if it's incompatible, it may only be temporary. Nice thing about Sony is they constantly add features to their consoles. They'd be dumb to not allow any kinds of hardware backwards compatibility. Hell, the PS3 PS Move works flawlessly with PS4 and they didn't even support it this generation except a couple of one off games lol.

But I'd say a used wheel will be fine for you. Like you said, worst case it doesn't work and you aren't out much money. But you can also still use it on your PS4 so not a total loss :)

NasilOyun

I am waiting for the answer to this question. I bought F1 2020 for ps4, and now im playing with dualshock and I am waiting for ps5 compatible steering wheel

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
About that, Sony had this to say recently...

"In our June Future of Gaming digital event, we announced an array of PlayStation 5 peripherals and accessories that will be launching this holiday season. But we know that many of you were also wondering if and how existing PlayStation 4 peripherals are compatible with the next-gen system. Today, we’re happy to share a brief FAQ that will answer some of your questions.

If you have questions that aren’t addressed, feel free to leave them in the comments below.

Which existing PS4 peripherals/accessories will work on PS5?

- Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
- The Platinum and Gold Wireless Headsets, as well as third-party headsets that connect via USB port or audio jack, will work on PS5 (the headset companion app is not compatible with PS5).
- The DualShock 4 wireless controller and PlayStation officially licensed third-party gamepad controllers will work with supported PS4 games.
- Both the PS Move Motion Controllers and the PlayStation VR Aim Controller will work with supported PS VR games on PS5.

Please note, not all PlayStation officially licensed or third-party peripherals/accessories may work on PS5. We recommend checking with the manufacturer to confirm whether a product will work on PS5 and specific titles.

Will DualShock 4 work with PS5 games?

No, we believe that PS5 games should take advantage of the new capabilities and features we’re bringing to the platform, including the features of DualSense wireless controller.

Is the PlayStation Camera for PS4 compatible with PS5?

Yes, PlayStation Camera will work with PS5 for playing supported PS VR games. It will require a PlayStation Camera adaptor that will be provided at no additional cost to PS VR users. More details on how to get the adaptor will be announced at a later date.

And that’s it! We’ll continue to provide updates on PlayStation 5 down the road, so make sure to check back soon."

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Which PS4 Wheels, Flight Sticks and Guns are Compatible w/ the following PS4 games: PlayStation 4 0
H PS3 Racing Wheels Compatible with PS4? PlayStation 4 6
T Question: Will my games bought on the PSN Store (ranging from Ps1 to Ps3) be compatible with PS5 PlayStation 5 2
V Any gamepads compatible with PS4 Remote Play on Android 9? PlayStation 4 0
R Thrustmaster T150 steering wheel compatible games PlayStation 4 0
K PS4 not 3D compatible??? PlayStation 4 39
SeanM Is Sony Making Another: PS4 Not Backwards Compatible with PS3 Titles PlayStation 4 10
NastyNative101 PS3 Fat 80Gb Backwards Compatible PlayStation 3 6
BioLee Let's create a list of PS3 games compatible with DS4 PlayStation 4 0
C two steering wheels at the same time? PlayStation 4 1
A Why there are no good Wheels for the PS4? PlayStation 4 8
M PS4 Wheels for racing games. PlayStation 4 4
Preach2k Digital Foundry Confirm Massive PS5 Specs That Crushed Microsoft! Sony Did The Impossible! PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k PS5: It's Better Than You Think! PlayStation 5 0
snikr PS5 storage PlayStation 5 6
Carlos Geoff Keighley goes hands on with PS5's controller PlayStation 5 0
Manveer A Man Playstation Home on PS5 PlayStation 5 6
Carlos PS5 Hardware Reveal Trailer PlayStation 5 5
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) - PS5 EVENT HAS BEEN CONFIRMED FOR THIS THURSDAY ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Where's The Rest Of It? PlayStation 5 1
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 Dev Kit Demo | PS5 Graphics | PS5 Home Screen Reveal | AMAZING! PlayStation 5 0
J PS5 titles with PS+ at launch??? PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: What's Taking SO Long? PlayStation 5 3
ExZeroSix PS5 graphics and gameplay is crazy good! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) SONY is NOT Taking Any RISKS This Year ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Pricing & Patent Leaks Revealed ! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 Details REVEALED | Sony PlayStation 5 High End GPU Cooling & Next Gen Console Pricing Details! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Already Won And We Can Prove It! PlayStation 5 2
Preach2k PS5 console reveal LEAKED by Sony Developer! (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Could this be the PS5 Controller? PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
Preach2k PLAYSTATION 5 ( PS5 ) REVEAL DETAIL SOON ! / DESIGN LEAK - UI / PSVR 2 2020! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 PlayStation 5 Trailer - ALL CONCEPTS PS5 by VR4Player! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: Everything We Know About PlayStation 5 So Far! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 | First World Wide Look At The Playstation 5 Design! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 PlayStation 5 Trailer - Concept Design V5 - Welcome to the future of Gaming - VR4Player ! PlayStation 5 2
Preach2k Watch Sony's new PS5 announcement from CES 2020! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k Shocking PS5 Power & Price Advantage | Next Generation Xbox Series X vs. Playstation 5 Specs Leaks! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: New Patent Leaks Revealed! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k WARNING for PS5 - Sony has Denied Release Date & Price! (PS5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 | HUGE PlayStation 5 Rumor | NEW Ps5 ONLY Games | Should Sony Have Cross-Gen | Ps5 News! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 new controller LEAKED! What is this?? (PlayStation 5 News) PlayStation 5 Accessories & Peripherals 0
Preach2k PS5 News - Sony will release 2 PlayStation 5 consoles! PlayStation 5 4
Preach2k PS5 Controller Performance and Gameplay Upgrades! (PlayStation 5 News)! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5 Pro Is Likely To Happen, According To Recent Interview! PlayStation 5 0
Preach2k PS5: The Update You've Been Waiting For! PlayStation 5 0
C Wait... Will PS5 even come out? PlayStation 5 9
Jellyfish If you look at the PS4 what do you expect for the PS5? PlayStation 4 9