• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Chat Window at The Tower?

drunkchiksrEZ

Has anyone heard anything about Bungie implemented a chat window of some sort at The Tower? Or maybe on all the planets? Like being able to talk with people that are in your surrounding areas like they have in Final Fantasy A Realm Reborn or WoW. I think it would be pretty cool if they decided to do it so you can actually interact with random people and it would be easier to make new friends or join fire teams to do missions and bounties and all that other good stuff. It would also be helpful in case you had any questions that you wanted multiple answers to so then you can decide for yourself which advice to take and which not to take. I know you can always ask these questions here on the forum i just think this way would make it a whole lot easier without the extra hassle. I really hope they do implement this into the game sometime soon. :Onya

What is everyone's thoughts on this matter?

Kosh

At first, I wanted this... badly. The game has a social aspect, but lacks this.

Then, I went onto the Bungie Destiny Forums and saw the amount of players suffering from raging butthurt. The level of stupidity, ranting and raving on the Forums really makes me hope that Bungie doesn't implement text in any zone, including the Tower. Because for the foreseeable future, that's all that there would be in any area that allows text chat.

Maybe I'm just too critical :(

drunkchiksrEZ

True that but i mean there's gotta be more mature players then there is stupid immature players? One would think right? Lol

schoat333

No thanks. I don't need to see kids putting racist slurs and saying stupid stuff. The wave and dance are good enough. If you want to chat with someone, get their PSN, go to the dashboard, and send a message.

Ciel

See-Elle
I find it amusing that people here so far are against this idea. What does that say about you...? Clearly you guys are the only players in the world who do not rage, spam, or flame. It is so obvious. Rather than say "no" for a narrow-minded reason, why not say "yes, but allow me to turn proximity chat or text on and off at my leisure."

I stopped playing Destiny because there was no proximity chat, text or otherwise. The game is in my opinion pointless without it.

schoat333

I find it amusing that people here so far are against this idea. What does that say about you...? Clearly you guys are the only players in the world who do not rage, spam, or flame. It is so obvious. Rather than say "no" for a narrow-minded reason, why not say "yes, but allow me to turn proximity chat or text on and off at my leisure."

I stopped playing Destiny because there was no proximity chat, text or otherwise. The game is in my opinion pointless without it.

Clearly you have not played COD in a few years.

All you are going to hear in a proximity chat or see in a text window are kids trying to be cool and saying or posting racist remarks and the F word. 90% of the people playing would just be annoyed by it, and turn it off, so why should they bother wasting time and money building it?

Gaming communities, like Destiny, are not mature enough for it to be effective in any way.

Ciel

See-Elle

All you are going to hear in a proximity chat or see in a text window are kids trying to be cool and saying or posting racist remarks and the F word. 90% of the people playing would just be annoyed by it, and turn it off, so why should they bother wasting time and money building it?

Gaming communities, like Destiny, are not mature enough for it to be effective in any way.

While I won't point out the flaws in the logic here, I will say that if 90% of people are annoyed, then only 10% of people are actually flaming... which is really impressive statistically and only points out that the community isn't as immature as you are claiming it to be. Also, Bungie should spend money implementing it because they had $500 million dollars to spend and we know they did not even put a dent in that budget.

Kosh

I'm the absolute worst person to be matched up with in CoD. I will troll you like no tomorrow! Haha.

Seriously though, the problem is that trolls feed other trolls. Once you have one going, they all get going and drown out any legitimate chat going on (Look at the old Horde Barrens chat in WoW for those who know what I'm talking about.. even now on WoW in Trade chat once one gets going it goes on and on). And there are a lot of people who play Destiny right now who are not happy, for whatever reason (some have legit complaints, others just have nothing better to do then cry), but I don't want to have to listen to the same forum garbage in chat right now.

drunkchiksrEZ

I agree with what Ciel said that they should add the chat window with the user option of having it turned on and off at ones desire. Honestly i just think it would make the game a little more fun even if people to troll and act immature it would act as a fun read for me haha.