• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Can hear chat, device registers, but mics are not working.

xxUSMC02xx

So I took a break from PS4 for a few weeks while work got busy. When I logged in last night I noticed that my headset was not picking up my voice. So I tried my PSVR camera, mic not working. Sony Bluetooth headphones, mic not working. Tried connecting to a different controller, mic not working. Random work headset with mic, mic not working. I get the notification that my mic was swapped to [x] device, but none of the mics are picking up. I can go into the setting to adjust mic level, but get no response when testing. I have checked numerous forums and videos, gone through every setting on my PS4, but nothing is out of the ordinary. And no, I am not muted. Though I wish the fix were that easy. I have thought that maybe it was something wrong with the new chat system, so I've also tried logging into games and seeing if team chat would work. nothing. My system is up to date. I have no idea how to fix this.

DCLong57

So I took a break from PS4 for a few weeks while work got busy. When I logged in last night I noticed that my headset was not picking up my voice. So I tried my PSVR camera, mic not working. Sony Bluetooth headphones, mic not working. Tried connecting to a different controller, mic not working. Random work headset with mic, mic not working. I get the notification that my mic was swapped to [x] device, but none of the mics are picking up. I can go into the setting to adjust mic level, but get no response when testing. I have checked numerous forums and videos, gone through every setting on my PS4, but nothing is out of the ordinary. And no, I am not muted. Though I wish the fix were that easy. I have thought that maybe it was something wrong with the new chat system, so I've also tried logging into games and seeing if team chat would work. nothing. My system is up to date. I have no idea how to fix this.
I do know that with some headsets, you have to select (in the system settings) Chat Audio, not All Audio. I have to do that with my wired Sennheiser Game Zeros via the Astro MixAmp Pro TR. If I have the setting on All Audio, the mic does not engage. You would think that on CHAT, you'd lose game sounds - you don't. Having it on Chat Audio gives you both on many headsets. On the other hand, a headset like the PS Gold, you have to have it on All Audio. Anyway, try that just for the hell of it. It'll either work... or it wont.