• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Buying games digital instead of disc

docbrown2015

On PSN instead of having to buy the disc, is it ok to just download the full games, will the graphics or play be any different? and does anyone else do this?

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
On PSN instead of having to buy the disc, is it ok to just download the full games, will the graphics or play be any different? and does anyone else do this?
It's fine to buy games from PSN, or any digital store. They're the same game, it's just distributed differently. Just understand that some digital stores have different Return Policies.

However, if I were you. I'd buy digital games cheap, rather than full price. If you want to feel like you own the game, buy physical.

And finally, don't use your debit or credit card or paypal to buy your games - there are reports of hacking into your account and having unsolicited purchases on your behalf. Sony will outright ban your account if that happens. Just go out and buy those redeemable codes or the physical games.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I personally always buy disc. If I buy digital, it's because it's only offered that way in the PS Store or its one of those free deals lol. Personally, I like to show off my game collection in my home. Hard to do that without booting up my console first lol. Also, the other reason I prefer physical is because it's permanent. If you buy digital and Sony shuts down those servers or stops offering the game, you can't download it again 10, 15, 20 years down the line. I still play my old games from time to time. I like having that option. Even if I have a dead console, 20 years from now, I can go online, buy the console, hook it up and install the game and go on my merry way with it. But believe me, I totally get the appeal of digital ;)

The one thing to note though, is it'll likely take up more space on the hard drive.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!