• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Buyer Beware-COD Ghosts Prestige Edition inc. season pass, NOT 1 year PSN+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't tell how pissed off I was the other day.
I hooked up my system just to make sure I didn't have a
Defective unit. Glad to say system is a go.

So I decided to unbox my cod ghost prestige.
Wanted to do all my downloads before the holidays
And play some matches.
I purchased this version because of the year subscription
Here is where I should of paid more attention.

I thought the year subscription was for the sony network
I was wrong. The year is for cod. What good is that.
I mean okay u get some downloads but at the end of the day
I just want to play online. Camera is a bonus. But I will never use it.
At the end of the day I have to purchase another item to play online.

Fubar!!!!!!!!!!!

All the youtube vids I watch no one mention this.
And if you did. Sorry I didn't see your video.
Would of save me 140. Oh well you live and learn.

Or maybe you learn from my mistake.

Again what good is the year to cod. What will it do for the gamer.

Last edited:

corporatenoun

Frankly it's a symptom of how DLC is being abused by developers. I believe you now have access to all the new maps they'll be coming out with (woo hoo). It's a mistake that you made though, if it's something you didn't want I'm sure they'll refund it to you.

Dark Septagon

The Tru7h is Darker
Unlike my fellow gamers i am not very harsh. Frankly i can't make a judgement unless you provide of picture of the game case front and back. From there if it states that the subscription was for CoD DLC then i can't help but say its only your fault, but if it doesn't state that then perhaps its a marketing error that needs to be addressed.

ukasskickr

its like saying "if i buy this one direction cd for my car,i get free car tax with it" and yes im using one direction as the cod game as they are both complete and utter shit for the brainless masses!!

BBGold

Wait, you can't play online or you can't play all the DLC? It's called a subscription for a reason; a season pass actually. Or you just need PS+

baracksyndel

I have almost no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying that you don't want the DLC because that fine if you don't. If you're saying that you need to play online then you can always just get PS Plus. In fact you need that service to play online if that's the issue. I guess this is just human error because you purchased a year of the wrong thing, but PS Plus isn't that expensive and you've got a season pass for COD.

Legendoflore

I'm guessing that this is more user error then the fault of the PS4 since you say that it started well and works. Unfortunately you don't read the description of the bundle before you bought it and now you have a season pass that you might not necessarily want and that's a shame. But like other people have said earlier PS Plus ins't that expensive for a year so you should be fine.

jbepp

I honestly think it's your fault for not reading properly what they said about the free online. Stop blaming Sony for things that you could've avoided.

hellsing006

Yeah, I don't want to be harsh but the thing is that you didn't read the box carefully before you bought the subscription and ended up with something that you didn't really want. It's not Sony's fault it's that you didn't pay attention before you paid for it. Just buy the PS Plush subscription like others are suggesting and stop trying to make Sony seem like the bad guys.

jstep7262

I bought the CoD Ghosts collectors ed. BECAUSE of the season pass. I love playing online and actually really like having instant access to the new maps as they are released. Yes, you get a book or whatever as well, which I don't really care about, but the season pass is great if you plan on playing multiplayer for months and months to come.

*Side note for future reference-I don't know of ANY game that gives out a year of PSN+

I have almost no idea what you're talking about. Are you saying that you don't want the DLC because that fine if you don't. If you're saying that you need to play online then you can always just get PS Plus. In fact you need that service to play online if that's the issue. I guess this is just human error because you purchased a year of the wrong thing, but PS Plus isn't that expensive and you've got a season pass for COD.
That's pretty much it. I didn't need the year of cod or Realy wanted it.
I'm saying in large part the reason I purchased cod ghost. Was I tought it came with
The psn for one yeah. I could care less about the down loads.
I purchased both xbox 360 and xbox one harden editions.
For the same reason One for each of my sons. They will enjoy the downloads.
I would of returned mine. But I found out after opening and downloading.
Now I need three subscription. Lmao
Oh well. Like I said originally, live and learn.

Glad I get to play wii u cod ghost online for free

Yeah, I don't want to be harsh but the thing is that you didn't read the box carefully before you bought the subscription and ended up with something that you didn't really want. It's not Sony's fault it's that you didn't pay attention before you paid for it. Just buy the PS Plush subscription like others are suggesting and stop trying to make Sony seem like the bad guys.
Buying the subscription isn't a real issue. I have no choice. This isn't just at you
But at this point to play online I'm going to have to get the subscription
No way around it. My post was to tell people who might be as stupid as I was.

I bought the CoD Ghosts collectors ed. BECAUSE of the season pass. I love playing online and actually really like having instant access to the new maps as they are released. Yes, you get a book or whatever as well, which I don't really care about, but the season pass is great if you plan on playing multiplayer for months and months to come.

*Side note for future reference-I don't know of ANY game that gives out a year of PSN+
That's exactly why I bought the game for online gaming. Multiplayer I has no desire to play the story line.
Or any downloads.

The post wasn't to smear sony. They didn't release the game.
I don't do anything but online gaming. So I have no choice to buy the subscription

I honestly think it's your fault for not reading properly what they said about the free online. Stop blaming Sony for things that you could've avoided.
Where in my post did I blame sony.
I said it sucks to purchase something that I thought it was.
Now I have to shell out more to get what I Realy wanted.

Sony didn't put together the cod ghost pack.

I'm guessing that this is more user error then the fault of the PS4 since you say that it started well and works. Unfortunately you don't read the description of the bundle before you bought it and now you have a season pass that you might not necessarily want and that's a shame. But like other people have said earlier PS Plus ins't that expensive for a year so you should be fine.
And your right user error. I heard year subscription. And I thought it was for ps plus.
I haven't addressed this. But as for reading the packing. I should of look it over better.
Again live and learn. It's only 140.

Wait, you can't play online or you can't play all the DLC? It's called a subscription for a reason; a season pass actually. Or you just need PS+
I can play online. Just need ps +.
I purchase the prestige thinking it came with the game.
If I would of known I would of just got the plan game.
Leave the dlc's for the fanatics. I just enjoy playing online.
Don't need much then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Cod PlayStation 4 3
Derri Anyone Picked Up COD WW2? PlayStation 4 6
Oberon CoD WW11 Multiplayer reveal trailer PlayStation 4 0
1 Looking for fun people to play COD Black Ops III with Introduce Yourself 2
Oberon Battlefield 1 VS CoD Infinite Warfare PlayStation 4 6
Oberon CoD Infinite Warfare and Battlefield 1 forums added Annoucements & Site News 0
Oberon CoD Modern Warfare Remaster PlayStation 4 6
1 No one playing COD:Advanced Warfare Online Multiplayer PlayStation 4 4
L Played CoD Modern Warfare 2? Fancy taking part in research? Other Gaming Talk 3
M Want to join an CoD AW clan? PS Clans & Communities 0
T looking for gta/cod/battlefield clan. 26. Male. Nyc PS Clans & Communities 3
7 Recruiting New Clan Members for COD Advanced Warfare Clan!! Military Welcome!! PS4 PS Clans & Communities 4
U Cod advanced warfare clan recruting PS Clans & Communities 3
M Looking For A Clan -> Cod Ghosts PS4. PS Clans & Communities 0
M Need Playstation 4 COD Ghost Partners.... PlayStation 4 2
Z Dad COD Clan PS Clans & Communities 3
S Looking for a mature organized cod advanced warfare clan PS Clans & Communities 3
Oberon CoD Advanced Warfare First Impressions? PlayStation 4 48
Oberon CoD Advanced Warfare Gamepsot review and score (video here) PlayStation 4 2
Haze COD: Advanced Warfare Zombie Mode Confirmed! Leaked trailer! PlayStation 4 6
B new clan cod ghosts PS Clans & Communities 0
E Epic Gun Game On Freefall Cod Ghosts PlayStation YouTube Videos 7
E COD Advanced Warfare News Zombies Coming?? PlayStation YouTube Videos 31
Henry COD Ghosts PC Games 3
deathbyprayer Do you think the Assassin's Creed franchise should end before it goes CoD? PlayStation 4 17
E Cod Extinction 7 Relic Challenge Guide Point Of Contact PlayStation YouTube Videos 0
P Looking for CoD ghosts clan members! PS Clans & Communities 0
F COD and BF4 PS Clans & Communities 0
B Cod ghosts help!!!! PlayStation 4 1
K Cross Platform COD: Ghost Clan Blastapaloooza PS Clans & Communities 1
C Cod ghost Downloaded PlayStation 4 3
KMJ_84 Enraged COD player summons 60 armed officers to opponent's home Off Topic Lounge 14
V vRG is now Recruiting PS4 BF4 and CoD Ghost's!! PS Clans & Communities 7
V Look for an Experienced PS4 CoD Leader PS Clans & Communities 0
W Looking for a COD Ghosts Clan that primarily plays Hardcore PS Clans & Communities 3
N cod PlayStation 4 1
B brand new cod ghost clan looking for players PS Clans & Communities 0
O Old Man Clan (OMC) PS3/PS4 Cod/BF/other Casual 30+ gaming PS Clans & Communities 0
Z Starting a new clan COD ghosts PS Clans & Communities 4
X SHTF is now Recruiting PS4 COD: Ghost PS Clans & Communities 0
Oberon CoD Ghosts Onslaught Map Pack avaiilable Feb 27 PlayStation 4 1
S [NL] Looking For Clan/Group [BF4/CoD:Ghost] PS Clans & Communities 4
L Looking for COD:Ghost clan. PS Clans & Communities 4
X PS4 - Looking for COD/BF4 Clan PS Clans & Communities 3
G Renegade Elite (REEL) Now Recruiting USA&EU For Battlefield 4 & Cod Ghosts PS Clans & Communities 20
MorgUK Switched BF4 for COD :( PlayStation 4 1
G Searching Competitive COD Ghosts Clan PS Clans & Communities 3
M Looking for ps4 cod ghost clan PS Clans & Communities 4
R Call of Duty COD Ghosts (PS4) Clan Recruitment. PS Clans & Communities 2
J if you played COD ghost you need to go and check out battlefield 4 PlayStation 4 9