• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Borderlands is a very racist game!!!

ChadMorgan1

The game Borderlands for the PS3 in my opinion is the most racist game around. Your character does not quit saying stuff like "N----r die' after he kills somebody. he also says stuff like 'suck my d'. The graphics and the user play is very good but I think that the developers could have left out the racist innuendo that is all throughout the game. It may be hilarious to some but there are others that don't like it. They try to put that kind of stuff in there subliminally but you know darn well that young kids can hear it as well.

iamthenight90

The Watcher In The Wings
The game Borderlands for the PS3 in my opinion is the most racist game around. Your character does not quit saying stuff like "N----r die' after he kills somebody. They try to put that kind of stuff in there subliminally but you know darn well that young kids can hear it as well.

not once have any of the classes said (excuse my language,) "nigger die" and if your smart you dont let your eight year old watch you play a game were bonerfarts are a monsters name. this is my problem with america today. if someone asks me what someone looks like and i say hes black, its racist. in america we have black history month, but i sure as hell know that africa doesnt have white history month. and if your worried that your 13 year old child is playing to violent games, you can bet your ass that he swears

Last edited:

Bingo

I haven't played the first one, but I've played the second, and never heard any language like that. I do remember a bit of a 'controversy' about Tiny Tina's 'urban vernacular', but I felt it was a phony little tempest in a teapot, drummed up by attention seekers.

Sekelani

I've played borderlands and I've never herd any of that language, and oh if you didn't know, I'm black lol.

Last edited:

Ciel

See-Elle
The game Borderlands for the PS3 in my opinion is the most racist game around. Your character does not quit saying stuff like "N----r die' after he kills somebody.

No he or she does not. Are you sure that wasn't your racist kid? Or your own subconscious?

Also "Suck my dick" is not racist. In regards to "subliminal" shenanigans, we all grew up with that stuff around us, cartoons, movies, books, media, the news--for better or for worse. It is still around us every day, get over yourself.

Last edited:

deathbyprayer

What do you mean they say 'N***** die' I've finished that game 3 times and I've never heard the characters say that and that's with the subtitles turned on. Maybe you heard them say "I never die!" because they always say that. I don't understand what you're trying to pin point here. Wait, is this a troll post?

daimashin

I think you must've misheard TC. As others have pointed out, never once I've heard such a phrase being muttered by the main characters I play. The games aren't even set on Earth, how can you claim that it's racist?

gamerteabwoi

I dont think that ever since I was playing that game that I have ever heard any language like that being used in the game. I think that maybe you have been hearing things. I don't know what you may have been hearing but I have never heard anything like this in the game since I have been playing it.

Joel

Borderlands isn't racist. Borderlands has an art design that was built to allow itself to have violence without realism. There are characters in the game who provide an antagonist path where they easily dismiss characters and kill without much feeling. However, its a piece of cartoonish fiction and lacks anything that's close to racism. Violent, sure. Hard to put down? Yea! Fun to play with friends! Absolutely! Racist? No.

Sly14Cat

Even if it was said in the game, it's not like it's going to turn everyone racist or be extremely offensive. To be honest, if it were that bad then there would certainly be outrage by now. The word is said so many times in other media that this isn't going to have any effect on anyone honestly. Just keep the children away and it should be fine.

Henry

Black people hate the N word, but love it at the same time. They only get mad when someone who's not black says it, but between them, they think it's something cool. You can hear it everywhere- in movies, in music, you name it. That means that if a kid who's into Rap music says it, they have no one to blame but themselves. They advertise it like it's a new pair of sneakers. I think they are the first ones who should give an example and stop using the word among themselves. It's just hypocritical.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements