• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Borderlands is a very racist game!!!

Sekelani

Black people hate the N word, but love it at the same time. They only get mad when someone who's not black says it, but between them, they think it's something cool. You can hear it everywhere- in movies, in music, you name it. That means that if a kid who's into Rap music says it, they have no one to blame but themselves. They advertise it like it's a new pair of sneakers. I think they are the first ones who should give an example and stop using the word among themselves. It's just hypocritical.
You Got a point. The "n" word also means something bad especially from slavery and how it made us feel. We have changed it to embrace on e another over the years. You gotta respect that.

Ciel

See-Elle
Rather than discuss things we are ignorant of, can we please ignore this thread and move onto discussing video games?

The Unlosing Ranger

Mighty Strike-Out Slugger
Christ, borderlands 2 is certainly not a racist game. In playing it, I have heard nothing of the sort.
People actually complained that Tiny Tina was racist because she was "speaking like a black person". I honestly found this claim to be more racist than the character, since it's basically implying that black people speak like that, and that they speak like that all the time.

But there's nothing at all in either game or the DLCs that's like what OP here is describing, though!

Henry

People actually complained that Tiny Tina was racist because she was "speaking like a black person". I honestly found this claim to be more racist than the character, since it's basically implying that black people speak like that, and that they speak like that all the time.

But there's nothing at all in either game or the DLCs that's like what OP here is describing, though!
That's to be expected as the media is shoving that stereotype down our throats. As I said in my other post, that's the only type of black person you see on TV- so it's no surprise people think they're all like that. I actually respect Bill Cosby for trying to show the positive side of the black community- but everything is about money and the positive stuff just doesn't sell as much as the negative stuff.

jmoriarty630

Um.. What?
Borderlands2 - racist?

I really love the game and I've played it a lot. Never seen anything racist in it. Are you just trolling?

FeralByNature

I wouldn't say a game is racist just because it uses the "N" word. That's like saying scientists are racist for using the word 'Negroid', or that a white politician is racist if they start talking about black values etc. You don't know who was behind the game, or who was behind the audio if that is indeed in the game. Do you have evidence to back up your claims of racism? It's not that hard to record some audio clips.

Yosostupid

Are you serious right now? Or are you just trolling? In no way is Borderlands racist, and the closest it comes to it is making a snide remark or insult to Claptrap or Psychos. Also, if you have ever even played 2 minutes of Borderlands, you would know that "nigger die" is never said, and it would never make sense in the Borderlands world at all. Nowadays people seem to think everyone and everything is racist, and that in itself is more racist than anyone making a joke.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!