• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Backward compatibility issues or controller?

Sirkassad

Has anyone experienced below average controller responsiveness or sluggishness when playing PS4 games on the PS5? Currently I'm playing mostly PS4 titles on the PS5 and what I've noticed is that there is delay when moving. This seems to happen regardless of whether I'm using a PS4 dual shock, or the PS5 controller. The only PS5 game I have is the Astra game that came with it and that does seem to work okay, which makes me think this is as problem because of backward compatibility. Has anyone else experienced this? Go ahead and download (for free) the ratchet and clank game on your PS5 and let me know what your experience is. Does it seem like the controller's behavior isn't snappy or not as responsive as on the PS4?

redphyre

Yep I definitely have. I notice that going into the quick bar and turning off the controller and then pressing PS button to turn back on temporarily resolves the issue. A permanent fix hopefully will come for this.

johnny0531

Has anyone experienced below average controller responsiveness or sluggishness when playing PS4 games on the PS5? Currently I'm playing mostly PS4 titles on the PS5 and what I've noticed is that there is delay when moving. This seems to happen regardless of whether I'm using a PS4 dual shock, or the PS5 controller. The only PS5 game I have is the Astra game that came with it and that does seem to work okay, which makes me think this is as problem because of backward compatibility. Has anyone else experienced this? Go ahead and download (for free) the ratchet and clank game on your PS5 and let me know what your experience is. Does it seem like the controller's behavior isn't snappy or not as responsive as on the PS4?
Yes. I'm seeing the same issue in some games. But it's not consistent. Sometimes there's delay and sometimes not.

DCLong57

Pretty much all the issues I experienced with 4 games loaded onto the 5 were resolved after I uploaded my saved 4 game content to the cloud, then pulled it down onto the 5 and applied it. If you just load a 4 game and play it as new - there are issues and they vary. Use your saved data!

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements