• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Astro’s Playroom

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Name: Astro’s Playroom
Release Date: November 12, 2020
Genre:
Developer: SIE Japan Studio (ASOBI Team)
Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment

Announced during the PlayStation 5 Reveal Event, Astro’s Playroom will be a pre-loaded game with each PlayStation 5 console shipped and sold.

SnowWolf75

If anyone has played Astro's Playroom on a digital PS5 (no disc bay), does the introduction video show the console _with_ the bay? I have the one with the bay, and thought it might sense which type of console you have, but I would need confirmation (picture or video, ideally) from someone with the other type of console.

The video I speak of is like this one -
- which gets played when you first launch the game (or choose to play it from the main menu).

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
If anyone has played Astro's Playroom on a digital PS5 (no disc bay), does the introduction video show the console _with_ the bay? I have the one with the bay, and thought it might sense which type of console you have, but I would need confirmation (picture or video, ideally) from someone with the other type of console.

The video I speak of is like this one -
- which gets played when you first launch the game (or choose to play it from the main menu).
It's pre-installed with every PlayStation 5 console shipped. There is no "one version is better than the other."

I know the question you're asking, but I think it's going to be the same game.

SnowWolf75

Sure it's the same game... but I think it would be cool if the game sensed which type of console it's running on, and displayed a different PS5 model accordingly. Wouldn't even really change the gameplay, either.