• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Assassin's Creed Unity works on Playstation 3?

mailyn

This is probably a dumb question but I know nothing about video games. My little cousin has a PS3 and I wanted to buy him AC Unity when it comes out but I don't know if it will play on his PS3.

Can anyone help? Thanks so much.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
AC Unity is only coming to PS4, Xbox One and PC. Therefore it won't work on PS3.

I believe another AC title is coming out on PS3.

sparkblade14

Nope, AC Unity is PS4/XB1 and PC only. There is another AC coming out called AC Comet that's gonna be available for PS3/360. I haven't seen anything about it on E3 though. It's gonna be a separate game and not a tie-in or anything.

mailyn

Thanks so much guys! :)

So, if I buy him the PS4 will he be able to play his other AC 1, etc games on it? I'm so sorry for this but he really wants this game and I wanted to get it for his birthday.

schoat333

Thanks so much guys! :)

So, if I buy him the PS4 will he be able to play his other AC 1, etc games on it? I'm so sorry for this but he really wants this game and I wanted to get it for his birthday.

No. The PS4 has no backwards compatibility. You can buy AC black flag as a PS4 version.

sparkblade14

There is going to be backwards compatibility in the form of a service called PS Now, but that's not releasing until a while (the beta is on 7/31). So he might be able to play the old AC games on the PS4, but he'll have a long wait ahead of him and hope they offer those games on PS Now.

Joel

Kind of weird that they are still putting AC titles out on anything that isn't next gen. I guess you have to keep everyone happy, but man the power of PS 4 and how everything looks on it is just insane. So many good graphics so little time.

sidd230

So is it also out for the PS4 and X1 like AC4 or am I going to have to keep my George Foremen grill connected for this Fall?

nickjt

Kind of weird that they are still putting AC titles out on anything that isn't next gen. I guess you have to keep everyone happy, but man the power of PS 4 and how everything looks on it is just insane. So many good graphics so little time.

The reason they are still putting out AC games on PS3 and X360 is that the last gen consoles still have far more users than the next gen consoles. This will probably be the case for at least another year.

daimashin

So is it also out for the PS4 and X1 like AC4 or am I going to have to keep my George Foremen grill connected for this Fall?

AC Unity is only coming for PS4 and X1. The PS3 and 360 will have a different AC game coming out at around the same time. I forgot the title but Ubisoft confirmed that there is a different game being made. Personally, I think it's good that AC Unity is only on the PS4 because at last we'll get a true 8th gen AC game as opposed to another cross gen port like Black Flag.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
The reason they are still putting out AC games on PS3 and X360 is that the last gen consoles still have far more users than the next gen consoles. This will probably be the case for at least another year.

Another title is coming out for the PS3 and 360 version. I think its titled AC Comet.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements