• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Haze

Here is some gameplay from the upcoming Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag taken from E3:

Looking good. I like the series (aside from ACIII which I found disappointing) and the locations look great! Exotic.

NickJ

It will be the best Playstation 4 Game of the lot mark my words. I just hope it gets the accolades it deserves when the time comes.

BlackSolaris

Professional Escapologist
I really didn't like the previous installment in the series, but i am really liking what i am seeing on this one, so will definitely get it, either on the PS3 or the PS4 (that or both).

AvalonX

I really didn't like the previous installment in the series, but i am really liking what i am seeing on this one, so will definitely get it, either on the PS3 or the PS4 (that or both).

I didn't either. The setting was perfect but the story and controls were dreadful. This is going to be using that same engine so I am a little worried. The Navel parts were awesome though so that is a plus.

Nymph

Vibrant and stunning. I think the general consensus is that the previous installment was less than pleasing, but really the only qualm I have with it was the ending. I found the colonial setting interesting but I will admit some parts were iffy. Being from the Caribbean myself, there's a nostalgic air about BF that resonates with me. Definitely preordering.

Clark Wayne

I will admit that I've never been a big fan of the Assassin's Creed games. I think the first was ok but the sequels were anything to write home about. Still I was intrigued after the trailer was shown at E3. The reason for me is that it looks like Ubisoft is finally doing something different with the series and if it's done right, the game could be interesting and great. The pirate theme is exciting, so I would like to see more before I decide if I will buy the game.

AvalonX

Does anyone know how they plan to handle the future storyline, I wonder where they go from here with the whole Assassins/Templar war. The last game ended really strange. They need to restore some balance to the narrative.

Last edited:

DrRipley

It looks great! I don't like setting all that much, but it looks like they worked it into the gameplay very well so I'll probably still pick it up. I still prefer to be in a city, but I'm curious to see how the ships will come into play.

AvalonX

7 new minutes of video. I will admit, this looks great but I still have some reservations. It looks an awful lot like AC3 which I didn't like. Also, where is the stealth and the actual, er assassinations?

Joel

Something interesting about this is that the original team behind AC and AC II aren't a part of AC III and AC IV. Now, I love me some pirates just like any other geeky game guy out there, but this seems like they figured out how to make a pirate game and branded AC on it. That's not to say that I know more than anyone else, but I didn't like AC III at all. I mean yea you can jump around on trees but I loved Italy, that was muy bueno. Where's my high flying danger jumping roof to roof? I don't feel like a hooded hero in that game, just a guy fighting for the revolution. Is what it is, but I'm just going to let this game go to $20 on steam.

AvalonX

Something interesting about this is that the original team behind AC and AC II aren't a part of AC III and AC IV. Now, I love me some pirates just like any other geeky game guy out there, but this seems like they figured out how to make a pirate game and branded AC on it. That's not to say that I know more than anyone else, but I didn't like AC III at all. I mean yea you can jump around on trees but I loved Italy, that was muy bueno. Where's my high flying danger jumping roof to roof? I don't feel like a hooded hero in that game, just a guy fighting for the revolution. Is what it is, but I'm just going to let this game go to $20 on steam.

I mean by nature the assassins stay hidden and do their work in secret, in the dark. This guy is all kinds of out there and looks to be a pretty high profile pirate. I am not really what to make of that. In AC3 I never got the idea that Conner was really committed to the assassins as it was a means to an end. Hopefully this guy is using the pirate deal as a front to his real agenda.

ewriterdan98

As much as I would like to hope that this title in the series will be different from the others we all have to face the truth... it won't. The Assassin's creed games since around Assassin's creed 2 have pretty much all been the same. In particular, Assassin's creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations. I honestly could not complete Revelations due to lack of variety and feeling like I'd already played the game twice before. Assassin's creed 3 has some variation to it, but it still followed the same gameplay, and all the characters looked UGLY!

OniBlackMage

RPG Ambassador
I get the feeling the innovation leap for Assassin's Creed 4 will be like the major leap we enjoyed and experienced from AC2 from AC1. They showcase so much new stuff to do and see that I think this is a serious contender for a new franchise champ over AC: Brotherhood.

As a sidenote, the naval combat from AC 3 has been THE most fun I've had in the entire series to the point where even if the game were nothing but that, I would buy it and love it.

wowtgp

I get the feeling the innovation leap for Assassin's Creed 4 will be like the major leap we enjoyed and experienced from AC2 from AC1. They showcase so much new stuff to do and see that I think this is a serious contender for a new franchise champ over AC: Brotherhood.

As a sidenote, the naval combat from AC 3 has been THE most fun I've had in the entire series to the point where even if the game were nothing but that, I would buy it and love it.

I agree with what you have said. I don't get it when people presume that all annual franchise are going to be like COD. It's so different and innovative with every game. Just look at how awesome and beautiful the world looks. Oh boy! I can't wait for this game anymore.

corporatenoun

The setting is really quite beautiful. I'm fond of the ship elements that they are introducing, where you can upgrade your ship and use a spyglass to spot others. Historically they've always hit the aesthetic nail on the head, so I'm really pumped to play.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements