• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Anyone game with a PS2 game on the PS4?

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
If you are talking about a physical disk, Yes. Of course Sony tells you you can play PS2 games on the PS4. What they don't tell you is you have to buy them again digitally from PSN.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
If you are talking about a physical disk, Yes. Of course Sony tells you you can play PS2 games on the PS4. What they don't tell you is you have to buy them again digitally from PSN.

I circumvent that issue by keeping my PS2 hooked up to my TV ;) Though haven't used it in so long, the batteries in my Logitech Wireless controller leaked something fierce. That was fun cleaning. Oops :)

Incorr.Noob

I circumvent that issue by keeping my PS2 hooked up to my TV ;) Though haven't used it in so long, the batteries in my Logitech Wireless controller leaked something fierce. That was fun cleaning. Oops :)

I still have my PS2; but I don't know if I can hook it up directly to my HDTV....I should check.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I still have my PS2; but I don't know if I can hook it up directly to my HDTV....I should check.

You can. Depends on the age of the TV whether it will be annoying or not. My HDTV is a few years old (got it in 2011 I think) so at the time they put component on the TVs along with HDMI. I used component cables on my old tube TV with my PS2 so I was good. Now, since they don't often put component on TVs anymore, you'll need to get a converter. You'll need either a component to HDMI converter or an AV to HDMI converter (all preference. I'd go component if you have the cables for your PS2). They're out there and cheap on Amazon. I did that with my mom's TV to put a blu-ray player on her tube TV (though it was HDMI to AV, lol).

Incorr.Noob

I'm not sure even a converter can help the PS2 look good on a HDTV. (Last time I played on it was with a TV that had a screen nearly as big as the box the PS4/PS3 came in.

Titan

Sniper Kitten
Staff member
I'm not sure even a converter can help the PS2 look good on a HDTV. (Last time I played on it was with a TV that had a screen nearly as big as the box the PS4/PS3 came in.
No. You are right on that. It will look different. Keep in mind they made them with 480p in mind. I remember playing Battlefront on my HDTV and some of the graphics had a grid texture to them. But you have to remember they developed those games when tube TV's were the thing. Playing games from that era on the original medium makes me understand why they do HD remakes of classic games ;)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Dmadman72

I Shall Finish The Game
Every HDTV that I have seen has composite (yellow, red, white) For that matter component (red, blue, green) as well. Sometimes they are shared inputs and you might have to read you TV manual to find out what color to plug into if it only has component on the back. Little hint, You plug the yellow into the green component and your red and white into the Component audio ;) . As for the PS2, I still have mine hooked up downstairs. The old fatty just keeps ticking

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements