• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

ANOTHER Assassin's Creed game?!

andrew172

Are people surprised that another Assassin's Creed game is being churned out? Had they hoped that it would at least be several years before they brought out a new one? What are your thoughts on this frequency of games?

jojeoju

Not really surprised. They've done that since the first game of the franchise. If not, at least, that's how it felt like.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
No,

However its a new engine on next gen only consoles so I think it will be greatly different.

Ciel

See-Elle
No,

However its a new engine on next gen only consoles so I think it will be greatly different.

This is how I want to feel, but a part of me knows that I should not expect anything more than just another AC game.

Mikey Paine

No,

I agree with the poster above me. Yeah, it sure sounds good, but will it actually be anything different? They'll keep churning them out until people stop buying them, which seems unlikely to happen.

Livvy

Well, to counter the arguments of same old same old, what would you like to see instead? It's not as if it's the latest Madden, adding nothing but new rosters and maybe uniforms. It's progressing the story, and yeah it's on next gen so it'll at least look prettier. And we're getting the opportunity to play the campaign in multiplayer aren't we?

So, what would you like to see new to the series is the question?

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
This is how I want to feel, but a part of me knows that I should not expect anything more than just another AC game.

Ultimately it will feel like another AC game because like other yearly series the fans want to have that familiar feel. However one thing I've noticed is the amount of changes:

Improved Parkour and a new fluid descending parkour
You aren't tank any more, you have to build up on your abilities and master your weapons in order to defeat enemies
New stealth mechanics e.g. Crouching, Eagle (can't remember the full thing but its similar to Eagle vision but different)
CO-OP seamless multiplayer
Bigger, more alive cities e.g. over a 1000 NPCs on screen at one time

All the above details were mentioned in the E3 info we got.

I agree with the poster above me. Yeah, it sure sounds good, but will it actually be anything different? They'll keep churning them out until people stop buying them, which seems unlikely to happen.

See you say churning, I'd have to disagree.

What 95% people forget is that its not one team or stuido that produces AC games. For example when they launched AC2, soon after a new studio began working on AC3 and just before AC Revelations came out, people were working on AC4.

Its not like they make a game in a year. Most games have around a 3 year development cycle if not more.

jbeavis100

Honestly, they lost me after brotherhood. The PC versions have all been terrible, laggy messes but they also lost me for another reason. The games have really stagnated, the features they have added.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
R Yep, another old gamer here. Introduce Yourself 13
T "This save belongs to another user" error PlayStation 4 1
iamthenight90 was this even a good idea? another port! PlayStation 4 3
iamthenight90 what is another world? PlayStation 4 7
W Is Capcom making another Resident Evil game? PlayStation 4 3
edogn12 Another horror game for ps4 PlayStation 4 1
Oberon (another) Battlefield Hardline Beta Coming to All Platforms This Fall PlayStation 4 1
Q How about another intro thread? Introduce Yourself 2
MxA_BWOMP And another "Older" gamer Introduce Yourself 11
O Yet another older gamer Introduce Yourself 24
omega man Another older gamer - omega man Introduce Yourself 7
SeanM Is Sony Making Another: PS4 Not Backwards Compatible with PS3 Titles PlayStation 4 10
daimashin Evolve. Another first person shooter announced for current gens. PlayStation 4 0
W Can different zone disc play online in another zone? PlayStation 4 6
L Microsoft have lost another gamer.... Introduce Yourself 7
D Yet another game delayed PlayStation 4 1
M Just another Newbie Introduce Yourself 3
G Will a PS4 work in another region than it was purchased? PlayStation 4 4
efrahinu19 Does anyone else want another Final Fantasy Tactics? PlayStation Legacy 4
sampson Just another intro piece! Introduce Yourself 3
H Will a ps4 from america work in another country? PlayStation 4 17
W The Elder Scrolls Online: Another trailer released PlayStation 4 4
lindbergh Will there be another Front Mission game? PlayStation Legacy 4
DrRipley Will Sony Ever Make Another PS Phone? PlayStation Legacy 4
M Another PSN hacker attack PlayStation 3 5
Carlos Assassin's Creed Valhalla PlayStation 5 Games 7
H Best Assassin's Creed Yet! PlayStation 4 2
Alex_68 Assassin's Creed Chronicles PlayStation 4 0
Paradox Favorite Assassin's Creed game for the PS3? PlayStation 3 0
A (PS4 Community) Assassin's Creed Family PS Clans & Communities 0
Haze Assassin's Creed Syndicate announced! PlayStation 4 35
Alex_68 Assassin's Creed Unity - Trophy Guide PlayStation 4 2
Alex_68 Assassin's Creed Victory PlayStation 4 4
JamaicanOGBud Assassin's Creed Unity Club! PlayStation 4 0
Oberon Assassin's Creed Unity Runs at 900p/30fps on PS4 & Xbone (see reason why) PlayStation 4 9
deathbyprayer Do you think the Assassin's Creed franchise should end before it goes CoD? PlayStation 4 17
ajally123 Assassin's Creed Rogue officially announced PlayStation 3 29
E What do you look forward to with Assassin's Creed Unity? PlayStation 4 9
Haze The next Assassin's Creed game for PS3/Xbox 360 revealed? PlayStation 3 18
K I got assassin creed 4 on ps4 PlayStation 4 6
Haze Assassin's Creed Unity Co-Op Gameplay (E3 2014) PlayStation 4 6
M Assassin's Creed Unity works on Playstation 3? PlayStation 4 12
KMJ_84 Leaked Images Reveal One Of This Fall's Two Assassin's Creed Games PlayStation 4 14
Tomba Favorite Weapon To Use? (Assassin's Creed III) PlayStation 3 14
Oberon Assassin's Creed 4 on PS4 gets whopping 2.3GB patch PlayStation 4 6
daimashin Shadow of Mordor too similar to Assassin's Creed? PlayStation 4 7
A Assassin's Creed movie PlayStation 4 26
Haze Assassin's Creed: Liberation HD heading to PS3 next year! PlayStation 3 7
jstep7262 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Open Sea Walkthrough PlayStation 4 2
B My Assassin's Creed III: Liberation Review PlayStation Vita 5