• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

After Manually Ejecting Disc From PS4, Now The Disc Won't Go In

jtgerencser

So earlier tonight I read that if you manually eject the disc from your PS4 then the disc should come out and it'll be fine. Well I got the disc out and now when I plug everything back in and try to put another disc in, the disc will not go in. Are there any solutions?

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Try to restart the PS4 and try again. You may have a bad motor so the place that sold it to you should be able to replace it same day. Try to restart first and give it a go. But with a system so new like this i would opt for a in store replacement.

jtgerencser

Talked to Sony Customer Service just now, They were very nice and helpful. They said that I needed to download something on their us.playstation.com website and needed to make 2 folders one for PS4 and one for UPDATE onto a USB, after that I needed to turn my PS4 on safe mode and select option number 7 (which was initializing the PS4) with the USB connected. Did that and still the disc wouldn't go in the console. Did I do something wrong when I tried to manually eject the disc? I looked at it today and the screw was still loose no matter how many times I tried to screw it back tight.

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
It sounds like the motor is defective. All the really did was have you update the firmware. Can you switch it out at the store you bought it at since its so new. I mean that really is a hardware problem.

daimashin

Talked to Sony Customer Service just now, They were very nice and helpful. They said that I needed to download something on their us.playstation.com website and needed to make 2 folders one for PS4 and one for UPDATE onto a USB, after that I needed to turn my PS4 on safe mode and select option number 7 (which was initializing the PS4) with the USB connected. Did that and still the disc wouldn't go in the console. Did I do something wrong when I tried to manually eject the disc? I looked at it today and the screw was still loose no matter how many times I tried to screw it back tight.
I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the console's software. Judging from your problem, seems to me that the slot loading thing is malfunctioning and would not detect a disc being inserted. I suggest you to bring it back to the retailer and see if it can get it fixed. It's under warranty so no reason to be messing it yourself.

Oberon

, , The Enforcer, ,
Yeah,I dunno why they told you to download and install or reinstall software update,dont know how this is supposed to fix a hardware problem.
Anyway,as said,you should take it back for an exchange at place of purchase or direct to Sony.Which ever works and is quicker.

jstep7262

Tried to screw it back tight? I hope you're not trying to take the console apart to fix it! That will void the Sony warranty in a hot second. Call Sony back and tell them that it's still acting funny and you want to exchange the system or have them fix it ASAP. You shouldn't have to pay that kind of money to have to do all sorts of fixes to the console. It's one thing to update firmware, etc. but another thing totally if parts of your console aren't working, making noises or have loose pieces.

Derri

, , Darkness, ,
This really does sound like a hardware issues. I think you should speak to Sony again and you should be able to get a new PS4/exchange it for a previously repaired one.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Manually ejected disc, now its making a funny noise PlayStation 4 1
L My PS4 original wouldn't read my game disk or spit it out manually PlayStation 4 1
K Wife bumbed PS4 and keeps ejecting dics PlayStation 4 10
don_bidarian Disc ejecting problem (FIXED) PlayStation 4 8
A My ps4 keeps ejecting disc PlayStation 4 2
U Disc drive keeps ejecting on its own PlayStation 4 5
D Buying games digital instead of disc PlayStation 4 3
A Ps4 disc drive not working!!! PlayStation 4 1
X This guy needs help with his disc drive PlayStation 4 0
A PS4 Won't read disc. PlayStation 4 1
J UK game disc with GR DLC, will it work? PlayStation 4 2
I Disc drive unresponsive - Suggestions please? PlayStation 4 2
A Disc Cannot Be Read. PlayStation 4 4
LightningLA Problems getting The Crew Disc to work. PlayStation 4 1
J Disc drive question PlayStation 4 4
M PS4 issue only with disc-based games? PlayStation 4 1
T Disc not accepted by drive PlayStation 4 2
H Fallout 4 digital copy to disc copy PlayStation 4 1
S Help, Should I turn my PS4 on again? (Disc Issue) PlayStation 4 5
FatFury Newbie question: Download or Disc? PlayStation 4 22
humourbash Disc ejected and wont let disc back in! PlayStation 4 1
T Destiny Stuck in Disc Tray- PS4 won't read or eject, HELP! PlayStation 4 2
V Online Multiplayer with a used (second-hand) game disc PlayStation 4 3
O Disc Spits Out PlayStation 4 4
M Continuing game with different copy of disc? PlayStation 4 3
C HELP - PS4 Disc cannot be read error PlayStation 4 3
B Ps4 is having a problem reading disc PlayStation 4 4
C What makes a PS4 disc unreadable PlayStation 4 9
D help with disc region PlayStation 4 1
W Can different zone disc play online in another zone? PlayStation 4 6
dieselfit Could the PS4 ever go "Disc-less"? PlayStation 4 28
P If I only buy physical disc copies of games, how much memory does each take? PlayStation 4 8
R Help: PS4 won't read disc PlayStation 4 16
H Sony confirms PS4's Disc Eject problem PlayStation 4 26
J Help stuck disc in PS4 won't eject PlayStation 4 26
Oberon PS4 disc games CAN be fully installed on HDD & news on 3.5mm connector on controller PlayStation 4 15
S Disc fix skipper pack? PlayStation 3 5