• Welcome to PS5Forum - The #1 PlayStation Forum. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

3 questions from a prospective first day (UK) owner.

Bishop Beesley

1. There is no Ethernet port on my PC's modem, does this mean i can't connect to the internet unless i get a new modem?

2. I read somewhere that the PS4 won't play DVDs or Blue-rays without a download, which bearing in mind my above question would be a bit of a bummer as i'm looking for the PS4 to take over from my current Blue-ray player AND use the same connections. Any truth in this?

3. One of the Gaming forums said there was no charger lead for the Dualshock controller....but isn't that what the included usb lead is for?

Thanks for any info. :)

Frantic

, , Founder, ,
Hey Bishop, You can always wirelessly connect your PS4. You'll need a day one download in order to work alot functions. Go to sony's website and download the firmware. Then use a usb stick to do it. Doesn't take much time at all. Use this guide to get it done -> http://ps4forum.com/391-ps4-tips-tricks/2418-update-ps4-via-usb-flash-drive.html. You are correct, its what the usb is for. Just plug and charge just like the PS3. Let me know if that answers your questions.

Bishop Beesley

Thanks for the info Frantic.

I did try and connect my 360 to the internet once, but gave up.....these things always sound a lot easier in theory than in practice.....for me, anyway. I gave up after a while.

I know the PS4 connects wirelessly, but don't i need one of those wireless hub thingummy's for that? Forgive the ignorance.

If i do have the expected difficulties connecting i will definitely download from the Sony website, so thanks for that. Although i can't quite make out why they can't make it work straight out of the box. hey ho.

I thought i was right about the lead, just one of the game site's is already doing a "23 annoying things about the PS4" and one of them was about no charging lead...had me a bit confused.

Get Connected With PS5Forum.com

Like PS5 Forum!

Advertisements